Author Topic: Another Democrat Turned Republican  (Read 2154 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Another Democrat Turned Republican
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2011, 03:47:42 PM »
That's about it Saddlebum..   ABO  (anybody but Obama)  but if Hillery Clinton joins in it will have to be ABC....
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2011, 04:28:17 PM »
  Had every conservative taken your advice and stayed at home for election day for 2000 and 2004.. Would we have been better off, had Al Gore been elected to fill those 8 years instead of GW Bush ?

It's difficult to say, The Republicans during those years borrowed and spent us into oblivion. I'm sure the internet inventor would have spent even more if he could have but we could have also had a similar situation to now where a Republican/Democrat stalemate can actually reduce spending.

In a quick assessment, it appears Michelle Bachmann & Newt Gingrich seem to have the most consistant CONSERVATIVE voting record along with Rick Perry and Rick Santorum.
Perry has helped with lots of tax increases in Texas, I wouldn't exactly call that conservative.

Others such as Ron Paul have some very good conservative voting records, except in certain questions  such as abortion and the illicit drug business, where they wobble off into libertarian, rather that conservative thought.
Ron Paul is pretty solid on his abortion views:
Abortion is murder
Protecting the life of the unborn is protecting liberty
Define life at conception in law, as scientific statement
Roe v. Wade decision was harmful to the Constitution
Get the federal government out of abortion decision
Delivered 4000 babies; & assuredly life begins at conception
Sanctity of Life Act: remove federal jurisdiction
Voted NO on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines.
Voted NO on allowing human embryonic stem cell research.
Voted YES on banning partial-birth abortions.
Rated 0% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2011, 05:06:45 AM »
  Had every conservative taken your advice and stayed at home for election day for 2000 and 2004.. Would we have been better off, had Al Gore been elected to fill those 8 years instead of GW Bush ?

It's difficult to say, The Republicans during those years borrowed and spent us into oblivion. I'm sure the internet inventor would have spent even more if he could have but we could have also had a similar situation to now where a Republican/Democrat stalemate can actually reduce spending.

In a quick assessment, it appears Michelle Bachmann & Newt Gingrich seem to have the most consistant CONSERVATIVE voting record along with Rick Perry and Rick Santorum.
Perry has helped with lots of tax increases in Texas, I wouldn't exactly call that conservative.

Others such as Ron Paul have some very good conservative voting records, except in certain questions  such as abortion and the illicit drug business, where they wobble off into libertarian, rather that conservative thought.
Ron Paul is pretty solid on his abortion views:
Abortion is murder
Protecting the life of the unborn is protecting liberty
Define life at conception in law, as scientific statement
Roe v. Wade decision was harmful to the Constitution
Get the federal government out of abortion decision
Delivered 4000 babies; & assuredly life begins at conception
Sanctity of Life Act: remove federal jurisdiction
Voted NO on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines.
Voted NO on allowing human embryonic stem cell research.
Voted YES on banning partial-birth abortions.
Rated 0% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record.
  Perhaps you missed the parts where he said;
 A) Abortion should be a state level choice.
 B) Get the federal government out of abortion decisions.
         .... Those statements seem to ignore the our Declaration of Independance..you know; the whole "Life, liberty and pursuit of happiness" thing!
 C) The "day-after" pill allows a moral choice.
   ...Seems like the "moral choice" should have been made BEFORE getting to that point !
  Your attempts to blame the US for 9/11 seem to be no more than an effort to cover for your firm, unwavering choice of Ron Paul.  You even go about trying to make excuses for Islamic aggression through the centuries...always blaming the victim of such aggression..never the aggressor.
   Stop for a moment and consider how that makes you look to others here, who see outright bombings, beheadings, stonings, church burnings and Christian/Jew hunting going on daily...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2011, 06:35:06 PM »
OK, so I should ignore the part where he said abortion is murder then?

Your unwavering devotion to people like Sean Hannity make you fail to see that our own foreign policy over the years is what causes the hatred toward us. Our armed forces occupy many nations. How would you like it if a foreign nation's army occupied American soil? My guess is that you'd probably want to fire back at them to get them off of our soil.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2011, 06:54:35 PM »
The more we squabble amongst ourselves means Obammy needs less energy to when.

Remember what Edmund Burke said:

"the only thing necessary for evil to win is that good men do nothing."
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline saddlebum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2011, 07:46:12 PM »
@Doublebass73

".....fail to see that our own foreign policy over the years is what causes the hatred toward us. Our armed forces occupy many nations. How would you like it if a foreign nation's army occupied American soil? My guess is that you'd probably want to fire back at them to get them off of our soil."

I agree our foreign policy needs an extreme makeover, but I don't agree with your comparison.

During WWII France, Poland, England and others didn't mind us "occupying" their countries. Even after bombing Japan they got used to us helping them rebuild and get on their feet again.
And after helping them, we left them alone except for trading with them and in some cases giving aid.
(shame on us)

The difference is Islam! Some Muslims want help from the U.S. and appreciate it. But there will never be peace in Muslim countries......NEVER! Why??.....ISLAM!

I don't think that if America needed help being liberated from tyranny and genocide so we could live free and at peace to rule ourselves, that we would "bite the hand that feeds us". Or 'saves us', in this case.

The difference is the insanity of Islam, the Muslim religion. That is one reason why we need an extreme makeover in foreign policy that takes into account that Muslim countries cannot be 'civilized' or democratic or a republic.....Because of....ISLAM!

But, are we to ignore Muslim theology, all threats and actions of taking over the world?
Ignore the nukes?............
I agree we need to get out. Just don't agree with your comparison.
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2011, 04:17:04 PM »
During WWII France, Poland, England and others didn't mind us "occupying" their countries. Even after bombing Japan they got used to us helping them rebuild and get on their feet again.
And after helping them, we left them alone except for trading with them and in some cases giving aid.
(shame on us)

I think this is an apples to oranges comparison. The WWII countries you mention all wanted our help and voluntarily let us "occupy" their countries. Iraq and Afghanistan didn't have the choice, we went in without their permission.

I do agree mostly with your assessment about Islam. It's my belief that there is no way that we can possibly kill all of the nutcases out there with conventional warfare in Iraq and Afghanistan. It's super naive to think that's even possible. There are literally MILLIONS of crazy muslims on this earth. That is why I think the best policy would be to get out of the middle east completely. The American lives and trillions of dollars saved would be well worth the risk. It doesn't matter how long we stay in Iraq and Afghanistan, as soon as we leave they will return to the muslim controlled crapholes they once were similar to the way Vietnam returned to communism when we left. At that point you have to ask yourself; was it worth the thousands of dead soldiers and trillions of taxpayer dollars spent for the same end result?

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2011, 04:34:57 PM »

I don't think that if America needed help being liberated from tyranny and genocide so we could live free and at peace to rule ourselves, that we would "bite the hand that feeds us". Or 'saves us', in this case.

The difference is the insanity of Islam, the Muslim religion. That is one reason why we need an extreme makeover in foreign policy that takes into account that Muslim countries cannot be 'civilized' or democratic or a republic.....Because of....ISLAM!

I don't think we can compare occupying a country during or shortly after a world war (especially Germany or Japan) with these little backward countries.

Most Americans would never stand still and let any country invade us to help bring down a Rogue Government!Sort of like Letting the fox in to guard the hen house.Don't you think? ::)

A Liberal Republican like Michelle Bachmann would ! They would most likely wear blue helmets, and be from many countries, and be called by the initials............ U.N.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2011, 04:58:23 PM »
(shame on us)

I think this is an apples to oranges comparison. The WWII countries you mention all wanted our help and voluntarily let us "occupy" their countries. Iraq and Afghanistan didn't have the choice, we went in without their permission.

I do agree mostly with your assessment about Islam. It's my belief that there is no way that we can possibly kill all of the nutcases out there with conventional warfare in Iraq and Afghanistan. It's super naive to think that's even possible. There are literally MILLIONS of crazy muslims on this earth. That is why I think the best policy would be to get out of the middle east completely. The American lives and trillions of dollars saved would be well worth the risk. It doesn't matter how long we stay in Iraq and Afghanistan, as soon as we leave they will return to the muslim controlled crapholes they once were similar to the way Vietnam returned to communism when we left. At that point you have to ask yourself; was it worth the thousands of dead soldiers and trillions of taxpayer dollars spent for the same end result?

Well, I agree with that, even beside my personal feelings considering I have 2 Sons in the Military. I don't see where a continued presense will do much & we have been there too long.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2011, 05:00:29 PM »
@Doublebass73

Concerning Iraq, I'm sure that the Kurds and Kuwait would be saddened that you have forgotten or overlooked them and their pleas for help.

Concerning Afganistan, I'm sure that the citizens that are being persecuted by the Taliban and a corrupt government would be saddened that you have forgotten them and their pleas for help.

I could even mention Iran whose citizens cried out for help and got a deaf ear from Obama last year.
Good thing for the Mullahs that Obama is on their side.

As I said, the difference is Islam, so unfortunatly for those people, they are on their own, or should be. Little hope for them and nothing we can do............Unlike France!
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2011, 05:12:46 PM »
(shame on us)

Well, I agree with that, even beside my personal feelings considering I have 2 Sons in the Military. I don't see where a continued presense will do much & we have been there too long.

I agree, I have a couple friends fighting right now. Both in Afghanistan. You'll never hear me dismiss the work they do as unimportant but the bottom line is I want them home. We've definitely been there too long.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2011, 05:18:58 PM »
@Doublebass73

Concerning Iraq, I'm sure that the Kurds and Kwait would be saddened that you have forgotten or overlooked them and their pleas for help.

Concerning Afganistan, I'm sure that the citizens that are being persecuted by the Taliban and a corrupt government would be saddened that you have forgotten them and their pleas for help.

I could even mention Iran whose citizens cried out for help and got a deaf ear from Obama last year.
Good thing for the Mullahs that Obama is on their side.

As I said, the difference is Islam, so unfortunatly for those people, they are on their own, or should be. Little hope for them and nothing we can do............Unlike France!

There's no denying that there a lot of sad things that go on in this world. The continent of Africa alone is filled with sad stories of people who need help from anyone. The question is are you willing to send your sons and daughters off to possibly die for any of these people? I'm not. Where do you draw the line when it comes to policing this earth? Who made us in charge?

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2011, 05:25:57 PM »
"The question is are you willing to send your sons and daughters off to possibly die for any of these people? I'm not. Where do you draw the line when it comes to policing this earth? Who made us in charge?"

Because my fingers are tired of the topic and it is off topic, I just refer you to my first post on the matter.
Question answered!