Author Topic: Mitt Romney's son came to lunch  (Read 306 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Mitt Romney's son came to lunch
« on: September 17, 2011, 10:03:18 AM »
Josh Romney came to Fairbanks yesterday.  He attended a lunchion with a group of Fairbanks Republicans, about 30 of us.  He had a question and answer period where a lot of questions were asked on where his Dad stood on certain issues.  His responce on what is called Romney Care, compared to Obama Care, was totally satisfying to me.  I see there was a big differance, one of which is Romney care was only 20 pages long compared to thousands of pages for Obama Care.  Meaning nothing near as comprehensive, or a wide covering as everyone seems to think it was.

During the lunch he asked us what issues we had that we would like for him to discuss with his Dad.  I brought up the issues we are having with US Fish and Wildlife, US Park Service, and the EPA.  I mentioned how using modern technology, Coal can be burned just as clean as fuel oil, and that it is a lot more economical.

After the lunchion I moved up where he was sitting.  We had quite a discussion covering many topics.  Comparing Alaska's relationship with the federal government with that of Utah.  He is very familur with Utah's problems with the Feds.  Josh Romney did say his Dad is committed to making the country energy independent.  He also said Alaska's Oil, Gas, and Coal reserves were critical to that independence.  I pointed out another point I have made here in the past.  During the debate, there was a lot of talent on that stage.  I feel that which ever one makes it to the presidency, needs to utalize as much of that talent as possiable.  Case in point, Herman Caine as head of the Department of Energy.  Maybe he could get the EPA oss our backsides so we can build some energy plants here in Alaska.  And also enable 8us to tape into our resources.  I also pointed out that most government agencies are filled to the brim with environmental minded employees.  I pointed out how the leader of Defenders of Wildlife was a retired head of US Fish and Wildlife.  That our problem was not just with the agencies but with the employees as well.

I went into this meeting not totally convinced Mitt Romney was the best for the job.  Yes I was leaning towards him, but I was looking at Perry, and Caine, as well.  I am now behind Romney.  Especially after talking to my brother who lives in Texas.  Seems many people in Texas are not Perry followers.  They say he is not like George Bush, he's worse.

http://newsminer.com/view/full_story/15560225/article-Mitt-Romney%E2%80%99s-son--Josh--brings-dad%E2%80%99s-message-to-Fairbanks?instance=home_lead_story 
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Mitt Romney's son came to lunch
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 06:25:02 PM »
We shall see.
I have a hard time getting past Romney care. And, I don't see any way a Conservative could be elected as Gov. in a wacko Northeastern State, so I have trouble getting past that too!
Also, it appears the media picked him from the start to be the nominee & if Obummer is not elected, they want the biggest RINO, it appears they think it's him.
The man looks plastic to me, but I am not against learning more about him to be sure, right now in my opinion he shares the bottom with Huntsman.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Mitt Romney's son came to lunch
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 09:46:07 AM »
One thing to think of.  Look at what he did for the Salt Lake Olympics.  Many folks said they had sunk beyond help.  Sponsors had pulled out, and it was deeply in the hole financially.  Mitt Romney took over and pulled them out.  Secured new sponsors, and put on the best Olympics ever up to that point.  Also left the city of Salt Lake a big chunk of revanue (several millions) from the games.

To me that says a lot, that the man knows how to make things happen.  Right now we need someone who can take charge, look at the issues and see the problems.  Then can make decisions and do the necessary things to make changes.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.