Author Topic: Iranian ambassador says statehood is another step in destroying Israel.  (Read 447 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
World Iranian Ambassador: U.N. Vote On Palestinian Statehood Is a ‘Step Towards Wiping Out Israel’ 
  • Posted on September 20, 2011 at 12:25am by Tiffany Gabbay Tiffany GabbayThe U.S. and other allies are scrambling for a path to push Palestinians back into direct peace negotiations with Israel, but prospects appear to be grim.  Diplomatic efforts by Western member states aimed to head off a UN resolution on Palestinian statehood have achieved little or no progress thus far.

Although Palestinian Authority (PA) President Mahmoud Abbas has complained of a pushback over the PA’s UN effort, it appears there is little chance of veering off the present course.
In a weekend interview, an Iranian official described the effort as merely another step in a much broader plan.  Mojtaba Amani, Iran’s ambassador to Egypt, openly conceded in an interview with Al-Watan al-Arabi, that the PA’s push for full membership as a UN member state “is a step towards wiping out Israel,“ and that ”the Palestinians must follow a correct example and complete all the measures to prevent the Zionist Entity from depriving them their rights.”
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s offers of concession, including compromises on language describing the borders of a future state, and describing Israel as a home for the Jewish people, have been reportedly rejected by President Abbas. At this point, said Netanyahu, “until I give the speech, we have only one choice: going to the Security Council. Afterwards, we will sit and decide.”
The U.S., for it’s part, plans to veto any PA request for full inclusion as a member state. At the very least, the PA would likely secure an upgrade of its current status as a mere observer if it turned to the full UN General Assembly.  Regardless, Western diplomats say that will still only lead to disappointment for the Palestinians and not get them any closer to actual statehood.
Of course, the Palestinians face risks if they refuse to alter their course.  Congress may follow through on threats to cut off American aid to the PA.  In which case, “the risk of PA’s collapse is very real,” said PA central bank chief Jihad al-Wazir.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Casull

Re: Iranian ambassador says statehood is another step in destroying Israel.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 06:48:08 AM »
Of course Palestine has petitioned for statehood as far back as the early 1900's....

Who were they petitioning in 1900?
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Casull

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 07:10:23 AM »
Who do you thinK?..British Protectorate Admin and League of Nations, and individual nations for recogniton.

Who do I think?  That's kind of a smart a** response.  I didn't know, that's why I asked.  But, apparently you don't know so much either.  League of Nations, huh?  That's a trick if they were petitioning the the League of Nations in 1900, since it didn't exist until nearly 20 years later.  Oh well, I won't bother asking any you any other questions.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Casull

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 08:50:44 AM »
"Who or what do you think?''....probably not much....seems your reading comprehension problem is coming out again, too.. I wrote: 'as far back as the early 1900's".....You said '1900'.  I ask a simple question hoping you can use a computor, and get a wise arse attitude answer.  FYI...I believe league of Nations was formalized ard 1913...you can check, though. Also, the Palestinians had been trying to separate from the trans-Jordanian authority at same period hoping the Brits would help....of course, they were thoroughly double crossed in the end.

Seems you have a bit of reading comprehension.  I asked "Who were they petitioning in 1900?".  You THEN said the League of Nations.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 09:02:49 AM »
Casull,

There's an old saying:

"If you argue with idiots, they will only bring you down to their level."

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline Casull

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 09:18:27 AM »
Yeah, I should know better.  I was kind of curious about why a "country" would have to petition anyone to be a country.   :o
Aim small, miss small!!!