Author Topic: WFT  (Read 510 times)

Offline Old Syko

• Trade Count: (1)
WFT
« on: September 28, 2011, 12:52:37 PM »
World's finest trimmer.  Anyone use one?  Tell me about it.  I'm impressed with what I've seen in the videos.  Seems to be accurate, simple to operate, and cheap.

http://www.littlecrowgunworks.com/wft.html

Offline jhalcott

Re: WFT
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 01:54:16 PM »
 That is pricey! You need a new "head" for each caliber it seems. I think I'll stick with the file trim die and get just as close results. HE##, I'm retired and gotta FIND some thing to do with my time!

Offline Old Syko

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 02:10:11 PM »
That is pricey! You need a new "head" for each caliber it seems. I think I'll stick with the file trim die and get just as close results. HE##, I'm retired and gotta FIND some thing to do with my time!

Come on over.  I've got about 20,000 pieces to do.  That ought to occupy some time for ya.   ;D   

Offline sr sawyer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (70)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 02:29:36 PM »
Very interesting concept and fast too.  If  I interpret the advertisement  correctly, you buy one unit for a family of calibers in each application.  Like all .30-06 based cases (25-06 270 280 etc.) use one unit and the .308 base family uses another.

If this is the case, it is cheap for a power case trimmer if you do not need many individual units.  One downside is it seems to be currently limited in overall case selection.

I use a RCBS manual & power trimmer and I do not get the erratic results that the video showed for the Hornady manual trimmer.  Will be interesting to hear input from any actual users here.

Ken
NRA Life Member

Offline huntducks

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 04:15:11 PM »
Sorry but that a bit pricey for me it would cost me about $600 bucks if not more.

It's great if you shoot only 1 caliber.

With a drill adapter I have turned my RCBS into a power trimmer.
Remember it's where the first bullet goes out of a cold barrel that counts most.