Author Topic: Not enough farm workers in Alabama since anti immigration law passed.  (Read 2873 times)

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Not enough farm workers in Alabama since anti immigration law passed.
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2011, 07:20:55 AM »
Ok so here's my $0.02 on the matter.  I live in a area dominated by Agricultural industry.  I grew up around many farmers.  All the farmers where I live in MO manage large amounts of land with very few employees.  All their hired hands are paid well.  Most of the time the farmers will even buy their lunch everyday.  If corn needs to be de-tassled then they hire a bus load of high school kids to do the job for minimum wage.  I spent my summers scouting cotton fields for disease and inscects.  It sucked...BAD, but it let me work for 3 months and then I was able to goof off during the school year.  Why is Alabama such an exception?  If you hired illegal workers then boo freakin hoo.  It's your own fault and your damned lucky we don't lock you up for employing them.  Suck it up and hire some legitimate workers.  I'm sorry you might have to drive that King Ranch edition F150 another season but such is life...
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2011, 08:12:17 AM »
Once again, there are none to hire and they couldn't afford to pay them if there were. ::)
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2011, 09:33:51 AM »
Once again, there are none to hire and they couldn't afford to pay them if there were. ::)

All I can say to that is these "poor" Alabama farmers need to make a road trip to Missouri so our farmers can teach them the ropes...

I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2011, 10:33:56 AM »

All I can say to that is these "poor" Alabama farmers need to make a road trip to Missouri so our farmers can teach them the ropes...
Don't let the article or Swampman fool ya, we have it all under control! The media just likes these types of stories to spread fear and pull at the heart strings of gullible Americans. The businesses that are suffering because of the immigration law, DESERVE to suffer. They made a bad business decision and a CRIMINAL decision and should be jailed, but loosing a crop or 2 will work when no other form of justice can be served. Keep in mind it was and isolated incident to a few tomato farmers who didn't really have time to hire and properly train new employees in the short time frame and in no way a state crisis or a worker shortage as the media would have you believe.
Heather
(WELCOME BACK SSS, MATT AND I HAVE MISSED YA!  :D )
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline powderman

« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2011, 05:26:28 PM »
HEATHER. Good post. It's not like the farmers didn't know this was coming. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2011, 06:03:29 PM »
Cheap tomatos and water melons is pure BS. If you add the cost to taxpayers for these illegals you are paying dearly for that BLT. ???  Just what are we going to do when these weasle farmers no longer need these criminals? The farmers pocket the profits and pay no benefits. We taxpayers will feed and cloth these wet backs for the next 100 years. Those poor farmers will continue getting those big government checks for doing nothing. They will drive their new motor homes to Florida on your dollar. And the Democrats will get 12 millon more votes. And you can't afford a Green Salad? ::)

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2011, 06:51:09 PM »
Well, if Alabama farmers can;t make a living doing it legal, then I guess we'll have to get on with life in this country without them. The crop production in other states can make up for the loss of production in Alabama. Maybe we can stop some of the "don't grow" subsidies for farmers in other states. Now they can plant those field, harvest a crop and bring it to market.

Won;t happen anyway because all the noise about no workers will fix itself and the farmers in Alabama will be just fine.

Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2011, 06:31:56 AM »
Great post Heather.  Exactly along my line of thoughts.  (And good to be back as well.)   The fact of the matter is that the agriculture is such a heavily subsidized industry that there should be no ill effects on prices.  As Heather stated this whole discussion is based on a skewed article.  The bottom line is that farmers were recieving a payment on goods and gaining an illegal profit by using undocumented workers.  Now they'll actually have to put in a days work if they want to see a profit.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2011, 04:20:56 AM »
  Thanks Heather;
  We were generating a lot of heat ...so, thanks for shining some light on the subject..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)