Author Topic: Warning graphic photos  (Read 1087 times)

Offline cjensen

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Warning graphic photos
« on: November 04, 2011, 03:16:55 AM »
Warning graphic photos.
My apologies in advance. I have had this cannon for close to two years and had plans to build a nice carriage. Arthritis has taken out my right ankle, knee and now I will need a shoulder replacement in the near future. So a nice field carriage is no longer in the future. In order to shot the thing I needed a carriage, and a trailer to move it. My son is building me both in one per my plans. It will be nice to finally be able to shot it. Still needs an elevator, fenders sand blasting and paint. Sorry no goex can in photo.
Fire photo to follow if I don’t get eaten alive for my cruelty to cannons.

https://www.gboreloaded.com/mhp/images/cjensen/bigc1.jpg
https://www.gboreloaded.com/mhp/images/cjensen/bigc2.jpg
My goal in life is to have a carbon footprint the size of Al Gore's. I can be living the good life and know I am not causing global warming. Make Al your carbon standard.

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Re: Warning graphic photos
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 03:25:41 AM »
Looks like a cannon to me!!!!  Go for it!

Offline cjensen

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 03:28:53 AM »
Looks like a cannon to me!!!!  Go for it!

Yep, it's out of my truck finally, after 24 months and onto a "workable" carriage

My goal in life is to have a carbon footprint the size of Al Gore's. I can be living the good life and know I am not causing global warming. Make Al your carbon standard.

Offline little seacoast

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • Let them get just a little closer...
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 09:03:05 AM »
Whoever comes bopping out that front door is in for a rude shock!  Probably how they would have made them if they'd had the stuff.

America has no native criminal class except Congress.   Sam Clemens

Offline cjensen

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 09:25:09 AM »
Whoever comes bopping out that front door is in for a rude shock! 

I'm sure it won't be a problem, he got a new pacemaker a few months ago.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 09:44:04 AM »
cjensen,
Upon first reading the title of this topic, I thought oh no here we go again, another firing accident that could have easily been avoided, but after reading your post and viewing the photos of your functional rig, I’m glad I was mistaken.
Hey, no apologies necessary, your carriage looks like it’ll work fine. Clint Eastwood’s character in “Heartbreak Ridge” tries to instill in his boots the philosophy that: “You adapt, you improvise, you overcome.”  Sounds like dang good advice to me; now all you’ve got to do is take it out and have a blast! 
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline carmy53

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 10:05:13 AM »
Looks like a very workable, convenient setup.
By the way, who made the barrel?

Offline cjensen

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 12:02:52 PM »
Looks like a very workable, convenient setup.
By the way, who made the barrel?

It's a Dixie AKA Hern. I'm the forth owner and it has never been fired. That's going to end real soon. My son is doing a fantastic job, I am really looking forward to finishing it. It's actully in firerable condition as is. It will be fired as soon as I get the acceseries finished.

Offline Double D

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 12:15:55 PM »
Whoever comes bopping out that front door is in for a rude shock!  Probably how they would have made them if they'd had the stuff.

Like in diddy bopping...boy that dates you...

But the fact you like cannons instead of the Mattie Mattel stuff the kids of today like,  also dates you ---but saying  Mattie  Mattel also dates me!  But  I said cannon and so never left topic.

I like the innovate approach to getting this gun shooting....George, you are vindicated!

Offline dominick

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (21)
    • Black Powder Cannons & Mortars
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 12:34:24 PM »
Your carriage looks like it will work well.  It is also in the spirit of Donald Rumsfeld's quote  "As you know, you go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time."  :)

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 01:35:39 PM »
George, you are vindicated!

The bicycle wheels?
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline Double D

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 02:56:48 PM »
George, you are vindicated!

The bicycle wheels?
yep'r

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 04:23:11 PM »

Like in diddy bopping...boy that dates you...

But the fact you like cannons instead of the Mattie Mattel stuff the kids of today like,  also dates you ---but saying  Mattie  Mattel also dates me!  But  I said cannon and so never left topic.

I like the innovate approach to getting this gun shooting....George, you are vindicated!

Mattie Mattel "shootin shell" , Diddy boppin with Jody back on the block ,
Hey there goes Joe shaat the ragman ! ;D

"George you are "Vindicated" .... !"  :o  Come on DD , vindicated ? I think we should put that to a vote  ;D  , I mean vindicated !
One of his tires was almost flat in Montana .

Vinticated .... I thought only the pope could do that .... :D  and even then it might not take ....?

I'm just kidding George ! But honestly your mountain gun needs a better carriage ..... JMHO .

Gary
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 04:42:04 PM »
But honestly your mountain gun needs a better carriage....

Yeah, the bronze tube should have a proper carriage.  Maybe after I "retire" and have the time.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline cjensen

• Avid Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 01:43:10 AM »
George, ultimately it was your bicycle tired carriage that inspired me to forge ahead and get something done so I could make my barrel go boom. I fully intended to make a proper field carriage, but as the months passed I realized it was not to be. So, I set out to do something within my reach. I needed a carriage, my son is a welder, I had some cash, he needed some cash. Your tubecycle carriage came to mind and that's when the vision of a tube steel carriage/trailer with torsion axles that could be towed down the road came to be. So, thanks for posting your  tubecycle carriage.Today I am packing powder bags instead of mopping about wishing I could complete my cannon. Yes, so it is declared you are hereby vindicated.
Carl