Author Topic: Would Cain be leading if he were not black?  (Read 450 times)

Offline rio grande

• Trade Count: (39)
Would Cain be leading if he were not black?
« on: November 04, 2011, 03:31:12 AM »
"The thought of rallying behind a conservative African-American candidate for the Republican nomination undoubtedly is appealing to many conservatives, if only to prove to liberals and journalists that they aren’t the racists they are often portrayed to be."

http://www.rollcall.com/issues/57_53/would_herman_cain_be_leading_race_if_he_were_white-209984-1.html

It's not racism to point out that Cain, like Obama, is an 'affirmative action', 'magic negro' candidate.
He is a fine man personally, good to have for a next door neighbor maybe, but a mediocre politician at best.
If Republicans want to put up a happy-face candidate over a principled Constitutionalist one thinking he will get you the black vote, go ahead.  See what it gets you.
I'm sticking with Ron Paul.

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Would Cain be leading if he were not black?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 04:12:32 AM »
I think the racists are the ones who make an issue of it.  I am not necessarily a Cain supporter, but I wouldn't care if he were green; I'm only interested in his ideas and principles.
Swingem

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 04:18:22 AM »
I'm sticking with Ron Paul too but if he doesnt make it to run in the general election I would much rather see Cain on the ballot than Romney
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 04:36:26 AM »
Cain is not my first choice, I would rather see Allen West , or perhaps Condi Rice on the campaign trail. There are too many "sects" in the repub party right now. The repub party has no sense of itself as shown by all the branched out bickering going on. It's my prediction that the repub party will start leaning even more to the left to pick up more swing voters. IMO this has already happened as evidenced by the last elections candidate choice.

But to answer the OP question directly, no.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 04:45:10 AM »
I personally would like to have Condi Rice over Cain.  She's knowledgeable, and politically astute, not to mention a nice looking lady. 
I honestly don't know the answer to the OP, I guess I'll have to say, possibly, since most people are fed up with quasi Republicans.  Let's get an honest to goodness real conservative to run against O.  People feel Cain is more conservative than Mitt.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 07:02:57 AM »
Dr. Rice has more sense then getting into that mess.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 07:58:57 AM »
You get the status quo with condi, I mean she is, of all of them a politician first. The left would dance in the streets for weeks. 

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 10:26:27 AM »
Dr. Rice has more sense then getting into that mess.
Your probably right, it was just wishful thinking on my part.

You get the status quo with condi, I mean she is, of all of them a politician first. The left would dance in the streets for weeks. 
briarpatch - Miss Rice is not a professional politician, maybe that's why she was so good when she was the Secretary of State.  Miss Condi Rice is by profession an educator, a Political Science Professor at Stanford University to be exact.  She is just excellent in anything she does, including her stint as Secretary of State.  Smart, talented, and classy, unlike out current Secretary of State.

Sorry for diverging off the subject.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 10:44:09 AM »
No one and I mean no one that would support the clown knows enough to be president of a dog house much less a country. MHO. If you endorse someone you vote for them, as she did the clown.
However we both will vote for who we like, but we both will live with the consequences.
Concerning our current S.O.S, I could walk into a prison in any state and spin a bottle and take who ever it points at and they would do better, more honest job.