Author Topic: Long range handgun suggestions  (Read 1820 times)

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Long range handgun suggestions
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2012, 07:09:41 PM »
Read thru this post again, and something came to mind. If you check around at a couple gun shows or 2, or check a couple of the internet gun brokers, you might find a S&W model DX. Smith back in the late 80's and early 90's, had what they termed model DX. What they were, was when they factory tested the gun, if it showed exceptional accuracy, it was pulled. It was rechecked, tuned up, and sights refined, and in general gone over by what was then, their custom shop. I remember talking to a S&W rep at the IHMSA Intl's when it was in Oak Ridge.TN. Only about 3 out of 100 guns fell into that catagory. They had some in .44 and .357. Always wanted to lay my hands on one, but never had the money, when one showed up. Last time I seen one, owner was asking $800, and it was in .44 cal. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2012, 07:15:38 PM »
Just checked one sight, and there was 2 of them, both were asking $900 or better. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2012, 03:00:01 AM »
I think they had a DX and a Custom DX . I could be wrong . I had a Custom DX it was OK .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !