Author Topic: Got me a new XD40.  (Read 454 times)

Offline coydoghunter1

• Trade Count: (0)
Got me a new XD40.
« on: May 29, 2004, 06:16:47 AM »
I was just wondering what everyones thought was on this pistol.Picked mine up about 3 wks ago and have put about 400 rounds through it and it really shoots good.I have just been punching paper with it but would like some info on some good ammo for it.Shot some good personal protection POWr-Ball ammo through it and shot the heart right out of the target at 10 yds.I was real happy with this ammo anyone else tried stuff this.
 Thanks and shoot straight. Coydoghunter1 :D

Offline bgjohn

• A Real Regular
Got me a new XD40.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 09:43:39 AM »
The XD's are better than a Glock but nobody knows it yet.
JM
I know nothing. I am only a messenger.

Offline Peddler Parsons

Got me a new XD40.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2004, 04:00:37 PM »
Howdy!
 Got mine2 weeks ago and have put about 300 rounds throw it, better than the S&W lightertoo :-D .  Had a little trouble with the ramp at first but all is good now.  Shoots point of aim at 25 yds., I use Grizzly Bear bullets (in the blue box)  180 gr hollow point for my CCW .
Loaded a couple hundrad rounds of 200 gr lead for use at local Wild Bunch matches
Peddler Parsons
SASS # 31281  R.O. II
SBSS # 259
Shooter of the Holy Black

Offline TNrifleman

• A Real Regular
Got me a new XD40.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 04:18:18 PM »
Congrats on the XD 40. I got one about 18 months ago and love it. I've shot about 2000 rounds through it. No problems, except for reliable feeding of one type of hollow point ammo (Gold Dot). I carry the pistol on a regular basis and trust it.

Offline BoatVet

xd40
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 04:44:10 AM »
My company finally went to 40 auto's from revolvers for duty weapons. I know we were probably the last in the country. Anyways most of the guys got glocks because we get a huge discount (only $425 with night sights and 3 magazines), I own a sub compact glock so I wanted something different and got the XD40. It feels really good in my hand, well balanced, little heavier than the glock. It seems that springfield has just improved upon the glock design. All the internal parts are similar yet larger. Larger slide rails, real steel used instead of plastic in spring rod. I had the problem with ammo getting stuck while trying to cycle up the feed ramp. I thought it was the magazine at first but found it to be the feed ramp had tiny burrs in it. I used a polishing tool with my dremel and smoothed it out real nice. Haven't had a problem since. Acuracy with the fixed sights are excellent, at 25 yrds I can alternate between center mass and head shots through an entire clip at a quick pace. I would recomend this gun.