Author Topic: Who will place first in Iowa ?  (Read 815 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Who will place first in Iowa ?
« on: January 03, 2012, 05:25:03 PM »
Is it Romney followed by Santorum...or Santorum followed by Romney ?
     One positive note...Santorum as I recall, has never thrown dung at the other candidates.. 
        Under the campaign pressures, that takes a man with real character..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
Re: Who will place first in Iowa ?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 08:13:50 AM »
It doesn't make any difference. Santorum was the big winner. Newt is ticked off, Perry put his tail between the legs and slinked off to Texas. Huntsman is invisible. Bachman is ready to throw in the towel. RP is RP, his troops will soldier on.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 09:25:58 AM »
It didn't turn out the way I'd hoped it would, even if it did look good about 9:30pm last night...
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 09:41:13 AM »
It didn't turn out the way I'd hoped it would, even if it did look good about 9:30pm last night...
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
   What do you mean only to 9:30 ?  Santorum had Romney on the ropes all evening... ;)
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 10:45:09 AM »
Romney beat Santorum by 8 votes.    I think Romney will walk away with NH, because it is a NE state, and he is a NE candidate.   The real tests will be SC and Florida.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline scootrd

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 11:57:42 AM »
I agree Romney will take NH (but not by as big a margin as some Romney supporters think ) There are alot of Massachusetts  refugees who fled  the state of mass and sought refuge in southern NH when he instituted Romney care. The NH population landscape has changed drastically in over 6 years.

In my opinion the larger issue for Romney camp is no matter how much money he pumped into Iowa (and it was enormous) he only managed to garner the same 25% of the vote or about 30k people or exact same % as last time round. He is polarizing. The business establishment and RINO's want him. The true conservatives  see through him. But hey corporations are people too. I think Santorum will surprise folks in NH and it will be closer than Romney camp will like.

Romney is status quo RINO definately not a conservative republican unless of course its a Wednesday,  and there is a blue moon,  and he is speaking to a true conservative audience.
Newt is for Newt - it's all about book sales and hocking His cure all elixir's from the back of a wagon at 60k a pop.
Santorum is a conservative that believes what he says like him or leave him he is what you see.
Ron Paul is for small Govt like him or leave him he is what you see.

Why are Huntsman and Perry still in the race???

I agree SC and FLA will tell the tale.
 - JMHO
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline DDZ

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 01:01:29 PM »

Santorum is a conservative

Really? I guess it depends on what ones definition of a conservative is. Conservatives generally don't spend money like there is no end to it, and don't vote against 2nd Amendment rights. Conservatives would not support a liberal like Specter, and campaign for Christie Todd Whitman. I guess as long as someone has the republican title they gain Santorum's support. In 2005 and 2006 he made the "most corrupt congressman" list. I doubt that was for being a conservative.
 Its generally best to watch what someone does, instead of what they say. Before giving them a conservative title.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 01:27:13 PM »

Yes, because conservatives always vote for gun control legislation like the Lautenberg act, always vote with Diane Feinstein to mandate trigger locks on handguns and always vote for bills with provisions to mandate federal background checks at gun shows.

Way to go Republicans, let's vote for two gun grabbers - Rick "conservative gun grabber" Santorum and Mitt "permanent assault weapons ban" Obamney.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 02:53:06 PM »
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
   What do you mean only to 9:30 ?  Santorum had Romney on the ropes all evening... ;)
I'm thinking about when Ron Paul was leading both Romney & Santorum.... .
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 09:00:23 AM »

Really? I guess it depends on what ones definition of a conservative is. Conservatives generally don't spend money like there is no end to it, and don't vote against 2nd Amendment rights. Conservatives would not support a liberal like Specter, and campaign for Christie Todd Whitman. I guess as long as someone has the republican title they gain Santorum's support. In 2005 and 2006 he made the "most corrupt congressman" list. I doubt that was for being a conservative.
 Its generally best to watch what someone does, instead of what they say. Before giving them a conservative title.

While I don't disagree , he will probably garner the evangelical conservative vote.
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 02:20:09 AM »
Has anyone actually seen a delegate count on this? One major news source reported that Paul may have actually gotten more delegates than anyone else due to the odd way the Iowa caucuses are run. At this point he might be the front runner based on delegate count.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline scootrd

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 04:07:42 AM »
GB ,
 I just heard the same thing on national news last night , appears there was a misscount a 2 for Romney was turned into a 22 when it got rolled up.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 08:14:47 AM »
It looks like the delegate count is actually a 3 way tie.
http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/IA-R

Paul - 6
Romney - 6
Santorum - 6
Gingrich - 4
Perry - 3

Here's an article about the GOP rule change and why delegates matter more than the popular vote:
http://politic365.com/2012/01/05/dash-diet-democracy-delegates-matter-not-votes/
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 10:31:40 AM »
It looks like the delegate count is actually a 3 way tie.
http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/IA-R

Paul - 6
Romney - 6
Santorum - 6
Gingrich - 4
Perry - 3

Here's an article about the GOP rule change and why delegates matter more than the popular vote:
http://politic365.com/2012/01/05/dash-diet-democracy-delegates-matter-not-votes/

I'm sure we'll be hearing that information often on the main stream ::)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.