Author Topic: Sidekick scores its first Yodle dawg...  (Read 649 times)

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Sidekick scores its first Yodle dawg...
« on: December 09, 2011, 01:44:17 PM »
Wednesday was our Muzzle Loader opener and I had to work!! BUT I had today off so we when hunting!!

My brother did not have a muzzle loader SO his big brother lends him a Handi!  About 8:30 I her it speak... I KNOW its got horns as he will not shoot a doe. I was suprised to find out he had shot his first coyote! what a good looking dog it was!

Just wanted to share!

Merry Christmas,
 CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
Re: Sidekick scores its first Yodle dawg...
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 02:52:58 PM »
CW,

Congrats are in order for your brother!  The coyotes are getting out of hand where I hunt, I have seen as many of the song dogs as I have whitetails this season.  I even had a yote in broad daylight stop running and stare at me on opening day of deer gun season; his mistake it is legal to shoot yotes during the ohio gun season. ;)   Those mangy critters are murder on ground nesting birds, very young deer and people's small pets. 

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline c1skout

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 04:04:25 PM »
Sweet, seems I never see the 'yotes when I'm hunting.

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 04:58:31 PM »
Tell him, good job CW.  How bad did the pelt get messed up?  The only one I've shot with a muzzie took a 385 gr. conical end to end and it was ugly.  No pelt worth taking there!

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 11:25:41 PM »
I did not think it was that bad... 1/2" entrance and 1" exit. had some lung hanging out the exit....  Worst thing about it was he must have been living under a building or had to rub under a log or timber every day as right at the top of his shoulders the guard hairs where gone, rubbed off like. But lots of fur remaining, just the "hackled" tips gone.  Beautiful dog!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.