Author Topic: occupiers plan to block retail businesses on black friday.  (Read 517 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
occupiers plan to block retail businesses on black friday.
« on: November 23, 2011, 11:42:05 AM »
 Demonstrators Plan to Occupy Retailers on Black Friday    Published: Tuesday, 22 Nov 2011 | 12:27 PM ET  Text Size     By: Cadie Thompson     
Source: stopblackfriday.com 

Some demonstrators are planning to occupy retailers on Black Friday to protest "the business that are in the pockets of Wall Street."
Organizers are encouraging consumers to either occupy or boycott retailers that are publicly traded, according to the Stop Black Friday website.
The goal of the movement is to impact the profits of major corporations this holiday season.

RELATED LINKS   
Current DateTime: 10:33:52 23 Nov 2011
LinksList Documentid: 45402819 
"The idea is simple, hit the corporations that corrupt and control American politics where it hurts, their profits, " states the Occupy Black Friday Facebook page.
A few of the retailers the protesters plan on targeting include Neiman Marcus, Amazon and Wal-Mart.
Their website states the following:

"Keep in mind that we are not occupying small businesses or hardworking people—we must make a distinction between the businesses that are in the pockets of Wall Street and the businesses that serve our local communities.
We are NOT anti-capitalist. Just anti-crapitalist.
Below is a shortlist for publicly traded large businesses to Occupy or to boycott on Black Friday. Luckily, most of them don't have good presents anyway. If you want to see the top 100 retail businesses for 2010 to boycott,
click here.
On Black Friday, Occupy or boycott:
- Abercrombie & Fitch   [ANF  44.88    -0.79  (-1.73%)   
- Amazon.com (yes, we have to stay away from Amazon, too!)   [AMZN  188.99    -3.35  (-1.74%)   
- AT&T Wireless   [ATT  27.21    0.17  (+0.63%)   
- Burlington Coat Factory
- Dick's Sporting Goods (I was surprised, too!)   [DSG-FF  28.505    -0.43  (-1.49%)   
- Dollar Tree   [DLTR  76.61    -0.48  (-0.62%)   
- The Home Depot   [HD  36.52    -0.58  (-1.56%)   
- Neiman Marcus
- OfficeMax   [OMX  4.25    -0.24  (-5.35%)   
- Toys R'Us   [JPM  28.38    -1.03  (-3.5%)   
- Verizon Wireless   [VZN  95.50    1.20  (+1.27%)   
- Wal-Mart   [WMT  56.64    -0.21  (-0.37%)   
Solidarity!" This is not the first time the demonstrators have taken action against corporations by using their money as weapon for change.     
On Nov. 5th many demonstrators participated in "Bank Transfer Day" and moved their money from banks to credit unions.
Questions? Comments? Email us at    NetNet@cnbc.com 
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: occupiers plan to block retail businesses on black friday.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 12:01:39 PM »
If they get in the way of that crazy black Friday shopping crowd they'll get run over and trampled. Then they can occupy the hospitals until they recover. Ain't no way I'd stand in front of the crazies that get out that Friday.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline NWBear

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 01:32:47 PM »
How about we "occupy America" (with employment) by only BUYING AMERICAN PRODUCTS.
I know this is hard - not kidding!! However this would do more for the American economy than a lot of other actions.
If we truely want to recover economically we MUST get our DOMESTIC MANUFACTURING back.
That is also the only way we will be truely secure - imagine if we had to get military spare parts, only made in China, during a war????

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 01:45:51 PM »
How about we "occupy America" (with employment) by only BUYING AMERICAN PRODUCTS.
I know this is hard - not kidding!! However this would do more for the American economy than a lot of other actions.
If we truely want to recover economically we MUST get our DOMESTIC MANUFACTURING back.
That is also the only way we will be truely secure - imagine if we had to get military spare parts, only made in China, during a war? ???
my wife and I haven't made any large purchases in years for this reason. we try to buy american.
except for Peruvian sweet onions which beat vidalias and texas sweets.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 01:47:45 PM »
They're gonna' have to get up mighty early.  My wife and daughters are usually already gone when I get up to go hunting.....

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 01:50:55 PM »
  I still believe the OWS gang are dead wrong when they interfere with another who is trying to walk, shop, or use the street (for their car, not for peeing).
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 02:01:18 PM »
  I still believe the OWS gang are dead wrong when they interfere with another who is trying to walk, shop, or use the street (for their car, not for peeing).
of course they're wrong.
but we're gonna let'em take over and ruin us.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 02:04:58 PM »
 In the Louisville area, they are starting Black Friday on thursday. So their plan is already flawed ;) . As was said, get in front of some of them crouds is crazy. I will be shopping Friday morning for vittles from my deer stand for some American made deer jerky. ;)

Lonny

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 02:11:28 PM »
Let them try protesting in front of  a tear gas store.  ;)
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline powderman

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 02:22:21 PM »
HEH. I saw too many of those black Friday idiots at wm. There was always a fistfight or 2.  Pushing, shoving, etc. Like GB said, no way I'd get in front of those morons, but I hope the occupiers do. BTW, wm said they will start the sale at 10 pm Thanksgiving day, others too. Saw a guy reach into a womans cart and take a sale item, she hit him in the mouth, then the fight started. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline magooch

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 04:14:03 AM »
I think I'd pay to see an occupier get in the way of those Black-Friday shoppers.  One thing I'm pretty sure of, though is that I won't be there to see it in person.
Swingem

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 05:27:22 AM »
If the OWS crowd thinks the cops are bad lets see what they have to say after tangling with Black Friday shoppers. I'll bet more than a few OWS turds wind up in the ER if they try to interfere with some yuppie suburbanite trying to get the deal of the century on a flat screen TV. A few years ago my wife's aunt got punched in the face over a lap top computer on black friday. I will be staying home on Black Friday
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?