Author Topic: pardner question..  (Read 546 times)

Offline beebzbarn

• Trade Count: (0)
pardner question..
« on: December 07, 2011, 05:01:46 AM »
Hi , just came up on a nice pardner single shot with the heavily case colored receiver and shnable forend, 12ga  3" full. I already have a pardner in 12 ga but with mod choke and matte black receiver, the seller of the first gun would trade for mine cause he doesn't like the full (and i don't like the mod!)
 So my question is: Is the case colored one a superior gun?? I like it a lot better but quality-wise? thanks

Offline STUMPJMPR

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: pardner question..
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 02:48:43 PM »
They are practically identical.  The blued gun is going to be a newer manufacture probably.  I believe both receivers are cast iron.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 06:01:59 PM »
They are identical except for the finish.  If you like the case colored one make the trade, the only difference might be the trigger pull, but that you can take care of yourself.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 12:16:43 AM »
They are identical except for the finish.  If you like the case colored one make the trade, the only difference might be the trigger pull, but that you can take care of yourself.

Thats gonna bepend of the manufacturer dates on the recievers... If you get the letter prefix at the beginning of the serial numbers of each receiver you can check its manufacturer dates with the FAQ's.

BUT for all intent and purposes, to the end user simply wanting a 12Ga full choke and not a switch barrel receiver, yes they can be considered the same.

I agree, the case colored frames are better looking.

Merry Christmas,
CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.