Author Topic: NRA Centennial Musket  (Read 1032 times)

Offline silverpelican

• Trade Count: (0)
NRA Centennial Musket
« on: December 16, 2011, 11:34:08 AM »
Today Christmas came early.....
A Model 94 Musket that has been gone 15 years came back.  I never fired it when I had it, and the person who had it these past 15 years said that he had not either.  Note it is not perfect a few gun rack dents in wood and some minor marks on metal are visable......
My question since I have no other levergun (and due to age, eyes, and various health problems) think that I should indulge my love of lever guns.....So, is a Model 94 in this 26 inch barrel musket a good canidate for an everyday shooter?
Thanks to any and all who have expeirence with this example of the Model 94!
silverpelican

Offline Frank46

• A Real Regular
Re: NRA Centennial Musket
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 05:11:08 PM »
I once saw a show where a shooter was using the same rifle as yours for lever action silhouette. Seemed to be doing very well. In the flesh I've only seen one, unfortunately it was rode hard and put away wet. Rust all over it. I have one of the Canadian centennial 26" octagon bbl one and if it shoots as well as the 20" bbld one I'll be very happy. Hope you have fun with your '94.Frank

Offline Rangr44

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 02:28:16 AM »
I had a NRA Centennial Rifle - basically the same as the Musket, except for the forend & sights.

I installed a Williams receiver sight in the factory prep holes on mine, and added a FireSight front bead - which worked out very well for hunting.

I don't see any reason why the Musket wouldn't do as well.

Happy Holidays ! !

There's a Place for All God's Creatures - Right Next to the Potatoes & Gravy ! !

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 02:31:49 AM »
My Dad had the set of NRA rifles . He hunted with the one that looked like a mod 64 and we shot the musket some . Both shot well. Since here they sell in like new condition for around $400.00 If it was mine I would shoot it and enjoy it.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline silverpelican

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 06:31:34 PM »
Thanks guys!  I will for sure turn this Md. 94 into my 30 cal. cast bullet rifle.  Oh, now what powder to best utilize the 26 inch tube?  Note, the bullet for first consideration will be hand cast 165 gr. hard cast from a Lee mold. and gas checked as well.
silverpelican