Author Topic: WHERE COULD i GET A FORE ARM FOR A HUNTSMAN  (Read 1095 times)

Offline catncarp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
  • Contributor
WHERE COULD i GET A FORE ARM FOR A HUNTSMAN
« on: November 10, 2011, 11:02:52 AM »
LOOKING FOR A FOR ARM FOR A HUNTSMAN, ANY IDEAS WHERE i COULD GET ONE
7mm-08,  223, 30-30, 30-30 ai, 357 mag, 357 max TALO, 20 gauge, 50 cal huntsman, 22 mag, 20 gauge smoothbore slug, 30-06-03 target, 20 gauge full,  NRA LIFE MEMBER,

Offline HuntinNut

• Trade Count: (7)
Re: WHERE COULD i GET A FORE ARM FOR A HUNTSMAN
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 12:36:47 PM »
LOOKING FOR A FOR ARM FOR A HUNTSMAN, ANY IDEAS WHERE i COULD GET ONE
Have you called H&R? The barrel acc. program will fit a ML barrel and when I called they said I could get a wood or synthetic fore arm with mine. Id say they have some..

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 05:04:28 PM »

Have you called H&R? The barrel acc. program will fit a ML barrel and when I called they said I could get a wood or synthetic fore arm with mine. Id say they have some..
+1, what HuntinNut said.  If you want, wait until Quick, or Brian56 show up.  Either one of them could probably give you the price and part number.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 07:11:14 AM »
Just saw this in the NEF/H&R WTB classifieds:

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,244805.0.html

in which Quick said:

"Check with H&R and Choate, see Synthetic Huntsman Forend in the FAQs.

Tim"
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline JimG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 09:31:32 AM »
Yeah it's my post and forget calling Choate and Rem. Choate claims they don't make the fore-ends and Rem says that they are out and it will be a 30-45 day backorder at minimum if they ever get them at all. I need one BADLY for my Huntsman so I can hunt. I have no idea where to even find one.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 06:49:27 PM »
In a pinch, you could use a regular fore end from any H&R/NEF shotgun, I tired it and it fits, you could probably also use the rifle fore end (I didn't try that).  The only draw back would be that you would have to carry the ramrod separately in a pack, or rubber banded to the barrel (tacky looking, but it works) tho.

Meanwhile place an order with H&R.

Offline cowboyup453

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (82)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 11:43:24 AM »
GSI Makes semi finished ones. If you want synthetic (look ;) ) you could spray it wit beadliner as manny have done.
http://www.gunstocksinc.com/web_pages/Plate-pics/NEF-stocks/Handi-rifle-stocks.htm

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 04:39:47 PM »
In a pinch, you could use a regular fore end from any H&R/NEF shotgun, I tired it and it fits, you could probably also use the rifle fore end (I didn't try that).  The only draw back would be that you would have to carry the ramrod separately in a pack, or rubber banded to the barrel (tacky looking, but it works) tho.

Meanwhile place an order with H&R.

Someone on the forum has a custom sling that holds the ramrod inside of it.  I think maybe it is gjdykeman, but not sure.

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.