Author Topic: Pray for Obama  (Read 1575 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pray for Obama
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 05:42:22 PM »
yt3, I take offense at your liberal projection onto Jesus as an effete. It shows a very serious disdain for scripture, and the person of Christ. If your going to claim allegiance to Him, at least show Him some respect by learning who He is, and not who you wish He is. If you don't like what you find, don't use Him as part of your passive aggressive manipulation of others. That's the coward's path - I'd hope for more from you.

TEAMNELSON. Agreed Sir, the offense was intended and done often. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 07:31:39 PM »
yt3, I take offense at your liberal projection onto Jesus as an effete.
Whoa - that's your construct, not mine, so I'll not carry responsibility for your offended sensibilities; that's on you, and they're your problem. Perhaps you could work on your own projecting, TN - unless, of course, you're immune to such mis-steps.

If your going to claim allegiance to Him, at least show Him some respect by learning who He is, and not who you wish He is.

You might be confusing Jay-zus with Jesus. Do you know what I've learned, and how? Have you gotten some special revelation or word of knowledge?

If you don't like what you find, don't use Him as part of your passive aggressive manipulation of others.
based on what you just wrote, I'm thinking you're practiced at that passive/aggressive thing. You're free to  suggest & recommend all you'd like, mr teamnelson, especially if you do it nicely... but you don't have the cred or the chops to lecture me. That said, I'm not sure what I wrote that got your panties in a wad, so let's get to specifics and on-topic: Was it the observation that Obama won the popular vote when Dubya didn't? Maybe the inquiry as to whether the prayer for a single Obama term was offered in Jesus' name? Was it the observation that actually praying for someone usually makes it harder to hate them? What, which, where?

Maybe you just want to vent a little?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 10:18:20 PM »
. Do you know what I've learned, and how? Have you gotten some special revelation or word of knowledge?
 You're free to  suggest & recommend all you'd like, mr teamnelson, especially if you do it nicely... but you don't have the cred or the chops to lecture me.

Mr Teamnelson is a marine corpse chaplain to you and resident obama. To the rest of America that loves and respects its soldiers Mr TN is a Marine Corps Chaplain. I pity the fool that cant tell the difference.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2011, 12:14:34 AM »
Poor Yellow;
  TeamNelson DOES HAVE the "cred" AND the "chops" to call you on it ! ...And yes, I am patronizing you by employing your own "teeny-bopper" colloquialisms... ;)   ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2011, 02:33:19 AM »
Mr Teamnelson is a marine corpse chaplain to you and resident obama.
You're off-topic. But while here, check with TM on that; I don't think there is a chaplain designator in the marine corpse; they're all Navy staff (410x, if memory serves). TM can set me straight if I'm wrong (and I'll bet he's hoping to tack a 9 onto that designator of his...)

I pity the fool that cant tell the difference.
do you mean, the diff between marine corpse and Marine Corps?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2011, 03:50:26 AM »
I am a Navy Chaplain, yes, as the Marine Corps falls under the DON we provide Chaplains to Marine units, Navy units and Coast Guard units. As a former SSgt of Marines, serving them will always be my joy.

One does not need cred or chops to discuss truth, but like Paul, if the audience desires it, my CV is well stocked, so I'm not intimidated by anyone here or elsewhere if that was your aim.

If you did not mean to imply that the OPs prayer was unchristlike, perhaps you'd explain your point. Clear direct communication is the antithesis of passive aggression. I'd expect such from a SWO.

As for your obsession with Bush, Obama has had 3 years to lead and there's no metric in which were better on his watch. Whatever hope was placed in him in 2008 was misplaced; looking forward, we need a course correction, with nobody in the wheelhouse. I pray my country gets the leadership it needs to thrive.
held fast

Offline powderman

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2011, 04:03:16 AM »
TEAMNELSON. Another good post Sir. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2011, 04:06:21 AM »
Mr Teamnelson is a marine corpse chaplain to you and resident obama.
You're off-topic. But while here, check with TM on that; I don't think there is a chaplain designator in the marine corpse; they're all Navy staff (410x, if memory serves). TM can set me straight if I'm wrong (and I'll bet he's hoping to tack a 9 onto that designator of his...)

I pity the fool that cant tell the difference.
do you mean, the diff between marine corpse and Marine Corps?
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Very interesting Yellow;
          You take Mirage to task for writing corpse instead of Corps.  ...But we hear not one bit of remonstrance toward the "Commander-in-chief" who refers to marine Corpsman as a "Corpse-Man"....        Yes, interesting indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNr66HHhMjs         ;)   :D   ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2011, 04:15:00 AM »
I am a Navy Chaplain, yes, as the Marine Corps falls under the DON we provide Chaplains to Marine units, Navy units and Coast Guard units. As a former SSgt of Marines, serving them will always be my joy.
ooo-rah, and turn to!

One does not need cred or chops to discuss truth, but like Paul, if the audience desires it, my CV is well stocked, so I'm not intimidated by anyone here or elsewhere if that was your aim.
Not my aim, and you well know that none of us has an absolute lock on the truth (unless, of course, you're like Paul). Making my way as best I can, with a strong sense of humility coming from all the things I used to know for certain.

As for your obsession with Bush...
No obsession; just a fun thing to drop for those benighted souls who can't accept the legitimacy of a president they don't like (hey, I voted for Dubya, TWICE)
Obama has had 3 years to lead and there's no metric in which were better on his watch.
Things have kind of sucked over the past four years.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2011, 04:27:08 AM »
YT3, things have sucked for more than the last 4 years. The last couple years of Bush, and the Obama continuation of some of his policies. Although I didn't vote for him, I had hoped he had better common sense. But, all he seems to have done, is aggravate the situation. And, it has gotten worse. I will pray for him only serving one term. IMO, though, I really don't think whoever gets elected, will be able to turn this mess around. Even RP I don't think could pull this train wreck out of a head on collision. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2011, 04:49:24 AM »
I think you're pretty much right, gypsyman.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2011, 05:54:58 AM »
YT says;
  "Your advice to 'get over it' would be more fairly applied to those who refuse to accept the legitimacy of President Obama, who came to office with a majority of electoral college votes, and who won the popular vote".
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
   I think everyone here knows Obama was duly elected by a plurality (there's one born every minute..PT Barnum) and has been duly elected by a majority of the voters (live or dead).  They are just making voice over the pitiful, bumbling job he has done (or not done).  He is even lower than Carter at the same elective time period.  Yes; he even makes Carter look competent !