Author Topic: TC Omega  (Read 874 times)

Offline sgtt

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
TC Omega
« on: December 03, 2011, 11:43:40 AM »
Thinking about trying this in-line stuff.  I spotted a TC Omega in a laminate stock for $242.  Good deal? Save some money and buy something else?
"Freedom, for some, is problematic.  It does not grant emancipation from responsibility."

Offline luckydawg13

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (27)
  • A Real Regular
Re: TC Omega
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 12:24:51 PM »
good deal you will love it
kids that hunt and fish dont mug old Ladies
and drive a F150

Offline Shaylex

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 04:48:53 AM »
Brand new gun? Sounds like an outstanding deal. The only thing I would recommend is getting one with a stainless barrel. You'll be glad you did. Well worth the extra money in my opinion.

Offline sgtt

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 05:18:10 AM »
Brand new gun. I didn't see any in stainless.  I am going back today.  I will look.
"Freedom, for some, is problematic.  It does not grant emancipation from responsibility."

Offline Shaylex

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 09:14:03 AM »
http://store.thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com/browse.cfm/4,4025.html

This one would be just under $330 shipped right to your door. Although the blued one you mentioned is considerably cheaper and would be hard to beat for that price.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »
I have a feeling that the $242, is for the Z5 model, which is less expensive.   They are both good guns. 

T/C says the only difference is that the Z5 has Williams sights on it and that the pull down actions pivot point is attached to a welded lug on the bottom of the omega barrels.  On the Z5 barrels the pivot peice is bolted on.

But, I think the newer Z5's also have the Williams sights on them.  I was also told that the Z5 has a stainless breech cover, and the regular on doesn't, but I don't know if this is in fact true.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline DennyRoark

• Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
    • The Ohio Outdoorsman
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 11:34:13 AM »
If POI starts wandering, you'll have to bed the stock (also if it changes after having the barrel off).  I had problems with 2 different ones with laminates, but the bedding took most of it out on the second one (Replacement from T/C for  "accuracy problems").
Denny Roark
Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)
The Second Amendment...the one that makes all the others possible
I have no problems with vegetarians...I eat them regularly-Ted Nugent
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 02:56:04 PM »
Never had any problems with mine regarding wandering POI.  Bottom line the TC Omega is a great BP rifle, in any variation.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.