Author Topic: Interesting, amazing, but a bit Off Topic  (Read 337 times)

Offline subdjoe

• Trade Count: (0)
Interesting, amazing, but a bit Off Topic
« on: December 09, 2011, 07:30:22 AM »
It doesn't really have anything to do with cannons, but I thought some of you who make cannons might find the machining techniques informative.  Miniature Hotchkiss, anyone?

http://www.wimp.com/tiniestengine/

Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Re: Interesting, amazing, but a bit Off Topic
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 08:25:38 AM »
Well you do connect it to machining cannons...and it is interesting...and it does show machining techniques...I let it stay this time.

Offline little seacoast

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
  • Let them get just a little closer...
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 03:35:12 PM »
That is amazing!  1200+ hrs in the process is a lot of machining, wish I had the skills and the tools to do that kind of project.  Now he needsto make a little lathe to power via belt off the V12 to turn cannon barrels and other worthwhile projects. 
America has no native criminal class except Congress.   Sam Clemens

Offline smokehouserex

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 04:07:03 PM »

Thank You subdjoe for this post. I enjoyed it very much. I was exicited all the way through the video. My friend had a small lathe and made a steam engine one time, altho it is very interesting I have never tried to do anything quite so complicated on my equip.
  As long as we have the WWW we can see almost anything we can dream up as someone has probably already done it.
  thanks again,
  HM

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 05:51:56 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it.  And a big thanks to the mods here for not deleting it as off topic.  I know it was  a stretch, but I thought I would take a chance.  When I saw it my first thought was all the machinists on this forum and that it just might be appreciated.
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.