Author Topic: Trade Gone Bad  (Read 7451 times)

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
Re: Trade Gone Bad
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2011, 01:42:36 AM »
This happended to me a few years ago.  I shipped no confirmation no ins. He claimed he never got it.  I offered a refund he accepted I sent it he claimed he never got that.  I have proof he got that, but he still drug me through the mud over it. It ended up a ding on my rep. That deal cost me twice.  To this day I am sure he got the gun but no proof and I am positive he got the refund as I have proof.  So I paid him to take my gun.  Not saying that happened here, just saying now everything goes with delivery confirmation and I ask the buyer if they want ins.  If they refuse, I make it clear it is their loss.  I think my new policy will be the cost of ins is added into shipping automatically. 
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2011, 02:58:48 AM »
Personally the way I do most of my sales or trades is figure the cost of insurance shipping into the deal. I just think the person on the shipping end has the responsability for the item shipped til it's in the buyers hands and if you did every thing to protect yourself that you could and they don't get it you go after the carrier not try and make the buyer or other trader have to eat it. It's like a gun stock I bought one time put the $90 money order in the mail seller never got it...since I put it in the mail should the seller of sent me the stock anyway...no right? You got to protect yourself whether it's with a check you can stop payment on a MO you can file a claim on .Even if you put delv. confirmation on something doesn't mean anything more than just the fact they got a delv. might of just been an empty box. A gun bbl even in a trade is nothing more than a form of payment. Does that make any sense? Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline ceadersavage2

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Contributor
  • Love to have live 200 years ago
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2011, 12:12:28 PM »
I am New here but can say No matter what I would Insure it for the replacement cost .So I don't think the trade was made as its would be the last mans deal to get it to the other party

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2011, 07:03:32 AM »
The same thing happened to me during a PIF.  I shipped two items and one guy got his and the other claimed to not receive his package. It was only empty brass and I was going to send the guy another package until it turned ugly. I really believe the guy got the package, but it just took longer than we both expected.  By then it had already gotten ugly and the other party rushed to judgement.  I refuse to ship anything without a tracking # and insurance now.  That is one reason I have turned away from PIF.  The shipping is just too high with tracking and insurance.  Sad, but you can't trust people when there is no way to prove they got the item.

You are totally incorrect. Nothing ever arrived from you. You don't like to be judged but you have no problem judging others. I've personally have given away more here that I ever will collect and my feedback speaks for itself with 51 positive and most of it originating from the PIF forum. I believe you have three? Giving is simply that, something from the heart, not the wallet and if it becomes something thats unaffordable, you're correct in not participating. I'm glad you found three honest members to deal with because 51 others, found one too.
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2011, 01:14:01 PM »
Merry Christmas all
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.