Author Topic: Stock question  (Read 830 times)

Offline THSkeer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
Stock question
« on: January 03, 2012, 06:41:54 AM »
Just got a 20 Ga tracker II that I really like!   I don't like pallet wood stocks, and have been outfitting everything with laminated in their place.  I had a set of Cinnamon MC type lam stocks that I tried on this set up and noticed the MC was WAY too high to use the iron sights.  I like that the Cin Lam has a thicker cheek piece- hard to explain but the comb of the PW stock is a knife edge compared to the gentle roll and size of the Lam one, and that shows with 3" slug loads- and the slightly greater weight of the Lam's in nice too.

Is there a Laminated stock that has the straight comb?

If this is in the FAQ I missed it!

Tom

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
Re: Stock question
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 07:58:00 AM »
I had a green cam laminated stock that wasn't an M/C but it was a straight grip, not a pistol grip.
BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline JB White

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 09:28:09 AM »
 I can't use iron sights with an MC stock either. Instead of buying another, why not fit & refinish the one you have to your liking?
 I looked through the site and found a topic to show you what can be done...but I lost the copy somehow before I could paste. I goofed. It's around here somewhere.

Offline ratdog

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 11:18:07 AM »
my wife has a straight grip on her 410 in green laminate had a hard time finding a forend with a small barrel channel Remington kept sending me one for a 12 or 10 guage finnally got one from numrich arms.

Offline zoner

• Trade Count: (53)
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 11:21:55 AM »
i have straight gripped camo lams on my 357....Mike

Offline dave29

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (93)
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 12:07:35 PM »
I have seen a straight comb pistol grip lam set for sale on here once or twice, but that's about it.

Offline Ol BW

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 12:19:47 PM »

Offline spikehorn

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 01:35:07 PM »
Why not have it drilled and tapped and scope it.
308 win                 45-70                       12ga         
30-30                    223 stainless steel   20ga TDC
44 mag                  Tracker II 20ga        20ga
45-70 Manlicher     20ga USH                28ga
                                                              410ga

Offline THSkeer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 02:42:08 PM »
WOW  thanks for all the input.

I have a straight grip camo lam set inbound already!  Just not sure the straight grip is going to feel right.

I already have a 20 USH Deluxe for scope use.  Thought about putting a micro red dot- Docter type instead of regular optics to keep weight down.

If anyone has a straight comb pistol grip lam set please feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for the help and advise!

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 11:00:51 AM »
The only problem with the straight grip stocks is that you will like them so much that you will start changing all of your stocks.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline dave2091

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 04:10:07 PM »
Kind of funny I stumbled on this post. Today in the mail I received a Boyd's thumbhole laminated MC stock ("camo"). My plan was to replace the synthetic stocks on my new 20 gauge Ultra Light Slug Hunter with this one. My problem is the opposite of yours: the comb is too low for scope use. Seems to line up just above the top of the barrel. I'm thinking of sending mine back, but sounds like this type of stock would be perfect for what you're looking for. Check Boyd's site, as I'm sure they have them in nutmeg as well.

Offline THSkeer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 02:26:38 AM »
Thanks Dave.  Found the straight comb on GSI, but they are 'semi finished, and with a pad would be over 100.00 for the buttstock alone.  I am still debating that kind of expense in my mind.  ( I paid 70.00 for the whole gun........)  Tom

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 02:36:13 AM »
Thanks Dave.  Found the straight comb on GSI, but they are 'semi finished, and with a pad would be over 100.00 for the buttstock alone.  I am still debating that kind of expense in my mind.  ( I paid 70.00 for the whole gun........)  Tom
Unless I am mistaken my buddie has a set up for sale. Cinn lam  pistol grip NO cheek riser.

It was part of five or six 500 S&W we bought special thru a good friend and sales man at Marlin. ( the Marlin plant is couple miles from me)  they are gone now of coarse  :'(

Anyhow he is selling and I need the reserver. Will likely put barrel up for sale Too.

I will see him over the week end if you want PM me for perticulars.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline THSkeer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 03:27:12 AM »
CW, PM Inbound.  THANKS

Offline dave2091

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 07:10:53 AM »
PM sent.