Author Topic: Well; I should hope so...  (Read 278 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Well; I should hope so...
« on: December 24, 2011, 05:01:08 PM »
   LA about decides that the OWS protestors should pay for the damage they did..only makes sense..
   Hope other cities start to catch on..
   http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/12/occupy-la-lawsuit-financial-damages.html
  Too bad Wisconsin hasn't yet done the same with the teacher's unions, in view of the mess they left..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Re: Well; I should hope so...
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 05:11:28 PM »
+1 to that!  NYC should also sue the OWS protestors.  The only problem is how will OLA or any of the "occupy" groups pay for the damages?  Which individuals will be responsible?  The only assets OLA might have is their donated funds.  Guess it's a start.

Merry Christmas to all!
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 05:58:31 PM »
If a prosecutor wanted to put them out of business he could probably track down where the donations were going and win that money. Probably wouldn't be worth the effort for the dough, but a couple hits like that may be enough to make the whole movement fold up. Besides it's getting cold now, no fun protesting when it's cold outside.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 12:11:31 PM »
  I would think that any person or group which donated to their casuse was "aiding and abetting".  By that measure, some of those unions or political groups who donated money, food etc....were surely aiding them in staying on as a nuisance..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 12:27:07 PM »
Some of the "protests" in Calif. just ended up being union protests like went on there a couple three years ago.