Author Topic: Looking for your thoughts/opions on this.  (Read 626 times)

Offline coonbait

• Trade Count: (0)
Looking for your thoughts/opions on this.
« on: December 30, 2011, 08:12:32 AM »
I have a traditions pursuit inline bought from new this gun shoots very well. That was until this year went to the range an i cant get this thing to pattern at all same load 3 triple 7 pellets and a hornady xtp 250 grain bullet. checked all screws everything checks out ok gun is clean as a whistle. So im thinking scope so i have an extra scope Leupold muzzleloader scope (ultimateslam) Put this scope on boresight go to range same results im shooting at a shootn c 8" target at 100 yrds checked at fifty first. The bullets would impact at 12 oclock high then 6 oclock low like 12" low then the would be all over the place left/right up down. So then i tracked the scope to a bullet hole by looking through the barrel and  the scope tracked fine but the impact was again way off so that leads me back to the gun but what????????????? I would really like to hear ur thoughts on this one. BTW this gun has been shooting Kodiak can lid size holes at 100 yrds (Actually a little better than that) shoot now it wont shoot a pie plate at 100 yrds lol.
There can be no divided Allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American,but something else also,isnt an American at all.We have room here for but one flag,the American Flag.... We have room for but one Language here,and that is the English Language.....And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Offline ceadersavage2

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Contributor
  • Love to have live 200 years ago
Re: Looking for your thoughts/opions on this.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 12:25:20 PM »
Check out the screw from the bases to the but stock an every one in  be tween. Then loose the pellets an go with 100-120 loose powder sounds like a problem I had this year miss 3 deer with pellets of what you have an white hots thier junk went back to loose powder an kill me a doe an a 7 pointer with a 100 gr an power built .After  a call to them on thier pellets no more useing them

Offline ceadersavage2

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Contributor
  • Love to have live 200 years ago
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 12:30:09 PM »
Here what I found they don't weight the same .thier bigger then others out of same box. Thier weight can be like mine were from 42 gr to 28 gr each all threw the box if chiped makes a difference crack make a difference old don't work so no more pellets for me or my friends

Offline coonbait

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 12:57:50 PM »
Thats a thought i may give that a try i do have some loose powder at home. Thanks
There can be no divided Allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American,but something else also,isnt an American at all.We have room here for but one flag,the American Flag.... We have room for but one Language here,and that is the English Language.....And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Offline DennyRoark

• Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
    • The Ohio Outdoorsman
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 07:47:15 AM »
Your action may be moving around on your stock (it don't take much).  Also, if you have 2 screws holding it in, try tightening the back one and just lightly snug the front one (just enough that it don't fall out).  Black Diamonds were bad for this.  Let us know how any of the previously mentioned suggestions (all sound) help out.

Denny
Denny Roark
Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)
The Second Amendment...the one that makes all the others possible
I have no problems with vegetarians...I eat them regularly-Ted Nugent
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson