Author Topic: 'yotes a plenty  (Read 655 times)

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
'yotes a plenty
« on: January 11, 2012, 11:14:21 AM »
Last night around 9pm, had to step outside to let the dogs in. Musta heard around 8-10 'yotes howling in a field just south of me. Here around Lake Erie, tons of overgrown ditch's draining the fields. This time of year, they make perfect path's for them to move around. Neighbor on that side of the road has chickens, so I'm guessing they might be on the stalk. I don't think they can get in, as he puts them in a coup at night, and he built it pretty substantial. I have a bunch of work to catch up on tonight, so I'll be out in my shop late. Will crack a window to see if I can hear them again. Even though I have a german shepard and a doberman, will keep a close eye on them, as I know a pack can work them over. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: 'yotes a plenty
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 12:50:51 PM »
I bet its the full moon!

SAME HERE!!  Monday night I had a pistol match, We left the range about 10:30PM. Our range is rural and backs up to a mountain with TONS of property. We herd 5-6 dogs singing back and forth from about 1/2 lmile apart. Was too faint to record, I tried... ::)

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 02:05:11 PM »
Yea, I see a wiley old coyote at alot of the gun shows I go to.  ;D

Offline eye shot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 05:09:30 PM »
gypsyman
You must be out there by little ceader point.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 05:46:10 PM »
Catfish, I resemble that remark!! :D  Got in a about an hour ago, and didn't hear a thing tonight. Even hauled the garbage to the road for pick up tomorrow, and stood around for a few minute's, nothing. 'Course it's cloudy and drizzleing, so they might be holed up for the night. Suppose to have a cold front move thru tomorrow, see if I can hear them then. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 02:24:58 AM »
gypsyman,
I went out deer hunting about 8 times this season.  I saw more coyotes than deer.  I saw song dogs in Fairfield, Lucas and Vinton counties so they seem to be doing a good job of covering the state.  Just bought a green laser and looking for an electronic caller.  Fellow up the street sells rabbits for meat so I am going to pay him a visit fairly soon and see about some bait. ;)

Any of you fellows going to the Oak Harbor CC gun swap this Sunday?  Also, there is a gun show in Fremont (feburary, I forget the dates) anybody going? 

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.