Author Topic: Burris Eliminator Scope  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Burris Eliminator Scope
« on: June 04, 2011, 09:48:48 AM »
Have anyone used the Burris Eliminator scope?  I was in Sportsman's last night and checked it out.  You have to do your homework and program the right information into the unit, Velocity, trajectory at 50 and 100 yards, and BC of the bullet you are shooting.  But once that is done, it should give you the exact aim point out to 500 yards.  Lazer is good out to 800 yards.

Thinking of one for a 25-06.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Burris Eliminator Scope
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 02:52:52 AM »
ive though about trying one for crop damage shooting where the shots can easily get out to 500 yards. I guess the mental block that holds me back more then anything is there just so ugly. If someone could make one that looked like a conventional round scope id probably have to try one.
blue lives matter

Offline BW56

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 06:26:16 PM »
I just got one mounted on my bar. Haven't even tightened the screws yet. So far i love what i've seen and heard. 500 yards is farther than i plan to shoot except at the range. The looks are not as bad as some say. Just have to wait to get it to the range. Bob

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 04:50:13 AM »
Bob, once you have used it let me know how you like it.  I am considering one for either my 7MM or 25-06.  Rog
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline wyohandi

• Avid Poster
  • NE Wyoming
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 03:24:20 PM »
Just came back from shooting, bro-in-law has one on a 300wsm out to 650yds it was on the money within 3" every shot. How far it works depends on trajectory of gun. He said it took him about 10 min. to get it set up. After seeing how good it worked I gots to have one! He said he's ranged deer at over 500 and cows to 800. I ranged a powerpole with it at 750 no problem.
For the 300wsm 700yds is about max for the dots.  Hope that helps.

Offline BW56

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 03:01:02 PM »
Picked mine up at Cabela's in the bargin cave. One of two they had. The wife will never let me in there again.............

Offline wyohandi

• Avid Poster
  • NE Wyoming
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 02:59:21 PM »
Told you I had to have one, put it on my 300RSAUM with 180gr SST at 2800FPS and the scope set on 148 off the chart that comes with the scope it gives me a dot out to 720yds at 730yds it lights up the bottom 3 dots which means past the compensating range. Pretty darn accurate too, at 700yds it gave me a 8"group about 2" low, not too bad for a lightweight hunting rig (REM model 7 22" barrel).
I could range deer size rocks and bushes out to 800yds every try, the farthest I got was 986yds off a small shed. I had to put a small piece of foam behind the battery to keep a good contact with recoil, if thats the only problem it has I have no complaints at all!

Offline mtbadger

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 04:31:07 PM »
Does anybody else have any insights on this or the Bushnell Yardage Pro laser scope???