Author Topic: Crocodile Cannon  (Read 626 times)

Offline buzz36

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Crocodile Cannon
« on: January 14, 2012, 03:44:06 PM »
just wanted to share some friend of mine who  visiting the philippines about a day ride to my wifes place found this little cannon and i just wanted to share
Im going searching for it on my next trip over im  not interested in it but just like to see it in person
my friend was told it was fireable

Offline Artilleryman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Crocodile Cannon
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 04:14:36 PM »
I would never of thought that this was a cannon in looking at this photo.  Assuming that we are looking at the muzzle end, I would think this would be a pain to load.
Norm Gibson, 1st SC Vol., ACWSA

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 04:20:54 PM »
These Asian cannons where used as dowerys and as money , but not so much as cannon .(iirc)

I've seen them for sale on Cannon Mania ,I wouldnt buy from them ..... :o

Gary
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline ironball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 07:38:14 PM »
I would never buy a cannon from the Philippines. A wife, maybe, but never a cannon. ;D
Never let the people with all the money and the people with all the guns be the same people.

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 11:52:52 PM »
That's gotta be the ugliest manmade object I've ever seen.  Am I looking at it wrong or is the "cannon" slung diagonally underneath the brass croc?  This is one of those cases where you can't help but wonder "what were they thinking?" when they put these together.  I have noticed the small ones are "all over" Ebay.

Offline buzz36

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 04:29:11 AM »
well i agree pain to load and yes all over Asia i have seen many ideas and ways they used to  hide or decoy things
Heres another one with my first wife in the fort in  manila

Offline GGaskill

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 03:35:45 PM »
I think the firing muzzle is in the croc's throat.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline buzz36

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 04:42:21 PM »
Ggaskill your right the the muzzle is inthe mouth  the  one  on the ground next to it is one of those rail  guns cannons?? i'm not sure what they are called in the other pic was  few years befor i got back into black powder and this is the only pic of my first wife i kept  not sure why i still had it