Author Topic: Hi-point firearms??  (Read 12013 times)

Offline John R.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Hi-point firearms??
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2012, 12:33:48 PM »
I own quit a few Remington's and S&W's, and have had no problems with any of them. If you want to trust your life to a $150 dollar pistol because you can't afford a better one, I understand. If you trust your life to a $150 pistol because you're to cheap to buy a good one, then I don't. If they are so great, please give us a list of police dept.'s that use them to defend their lives, and the public's lives with! You would be much better off putting that $150 towards a good police trade in of some sort.

Offline wileynet

• Trade Count: (30)
  • Contributor
« Reply #91 on: February 29, 2012, 01:31:05 AM »
here we go! another self professed expert gun owner that believes the the price tag on a weapon or a car or whatever defines quality, im not cheap maybe frugal, ill bet you condem H&R as cheap dont use anything other than RCBS eventhough lee is just as good, people like you are name buyers not quality buyers
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

Huntsman 58,NEF 45/70 manlicher stock, H&R 308, 30-06, 12 ga, 20 ga, H&R 223, H&R 204 varmiter,H&R 243, H&R 44mag, SMLE No 1 MKIV,SMLE No4 MK1, Savage 110 7mm, Ruger BH 45LC, Security Six, SR9, S&W 22a, CVA MTN Rifle, Optima

Offline John R.

• A Real Regular
Re: Hi-point firearms??I
« Reply #92 on: February 29, 2012, 02:43:10 AM »
Actually, I own 2 Handi/rifles, a 500 S&W, and a little 243 I found, that had already been cut down, for my daughter. She has since moved up to a Remington 700 in 7mm/08. I use RCBS and Redding dies for my rifles, and all pistol and 223's are done on a Dillon 550. You are correct in assuming that I don't use that Lee crap (never have, never will). The only name buying I do are the names that have served me well for the last 40 years. Buy once and be done with it! I'm still waiting to see the list of angencies that issue Hi-Points. Surely there is a little ole PD somewhere that issues them, or maybe not.

Offline LHS

• Jesus Reigns!
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Contributor
« Reply #93 on: February 29, 2012, 07:25:25 AM »
A customer broke a firing pin in his .40 and called the company.  He was excited to tell me that they sent SIX replacement firing pins to him...  I asked if he thought that sending six firing pins might be telling him something about the quality.

Jim

I chuckled at that comment!

My brother has a C(, and while it will not outshoot my M&P pistols, it will hit good enough to stop a threat in his house (hope he never needs to though).

I've shot it and all, not bad but again, not a M&P!
Giving Thanks To God Both in Plenty and in Want!

Offline LHS

• Jesus Reigns!
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Contributor
« Reply #94 on: February 29, 2012, 07:28:27 AM »
I need to add he had saved for almost a year to get the extra $$ to buy it as he had to go on disabilty and couldn't work. He trusts it and even though I'm leary of it, I will not tell him anything that might erode his confidence.

After all, if he needs to defend himself he HAS to trust it 100%!
Giving Thanks To God Both in Plenty and in Want!

Offline John R.

• A Real Regular
« Reply #95 on: February 29, 2012, 07:36:09 AM »
LHS, in your brothers case, I understand completly. I would rather have a Hi-Point than a bat anyday. However, I do like your choice in the M&P much better, they point and shoot really nice.

Offline pspinc2003

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (21)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2012, 07:39:50 PM »
People that think the 995 Carbine is ugly....well, it is...but....check out the Planet of the Apes movies from when we were kids,  it makes that gun a little more fun to shoot!

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2012, 01:06:15 AM »
well my original post was on 2/2009 and shortly after that post i gave the high point carbine to my neigbor. He does alot for me and it was a way to repay him with something i could live without. He and his son shoot the snot out of that gun I bring them a 3lb coffee can of ammo about every two weeks. dont know what the round count is but im sure its up around 30,000 with what ive shot through it. Its been a good gun. It was back to the factory once for a new bolt and rails. The originals galled for some reason. they paid shipping both ways and replaced everything and even threw in a new free mag. Other then when that bolt was acting up it ran perfectly and will feed about any junk ammo without a hitch. If shtf and it was all i had i sure wouldnt feel shorted. It would defend you and your family as well as a gun that cost 10 times as much. Its ugly as sin but gets the job done.
blue lives matter