Author Topic: CVA or not???  (Read 3752 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Re: CVA or not???
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2012, 12:37:45 AM »
A simple google search will prove that I'm correct.  The x-ray showing the breech plug inside some poor fellows skull is very convincing.  Lots' of these foreign made guns have improperly threaded breech plugs.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2012, 03:47:41 AM »
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline oberhaz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2012, 04:10:45 AM »
What's wrong with buying a muzzleloader made in the USA? There are plenty to choose from. Plus it helps people with jobs.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2012, 04:35:58 AM »
These fellows would rather buy a $100.00 gun.  It suits them fine.  I'd rather have oats that hadn't already been through the horse even though they cost a little more.  Some of them work for Spanish gun companies and get lots of free stuff for pushing Spanish made stuff on various websites.  Many years ago Spanish muzzleloading companies produced some traditional guns that were pretty nice.  They had safe dependable American made barrels.  They had properly threaded and hardened breechplugs. Those days are long gone.  I'd rather buy a used T/C or Knight.  I can't afford to miss work to get fragmented gun parts extracted from my body.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Buckskins & Black Powder

• Trade Count: (16)
    • Buckskins & Black Powder
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2012, 07:40:29 AM »
What's wrong with buying a muzzleloader made in the USA? There are plenty to choose from. Plus it helps people with jobs.

Knight stocks dont fit me, TC's inlines are to risky since they can not machine a  QLA correctly to shoot conicals.  Plus the $800 knights and TC's ive seen lately shoot no better than my $180 CVA Wolf.

If you want to spend $$$$ buy a custom and get real quality not mass market.

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2012, 07:42:43 AM »
All Spanish guns must be fire proofed before leaving the country. Cenerfires have to be tested with loads 25% higher than the max.

Offline Danmissouri

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2012, 10:55:08 AM »
I own a CVA Electra and am very pleased with it. Stainless Bergara barrel, synthetic stock, Redfield 3-9x40 scope. Many will probably say bad things about the Elactra because it uses a 9 volt battery for the igniter. I have never not even once had a misfire with this rifle. Rain,snow, below freezing temps. Always fired. People were skeptical of it and it never caught on. You can buy one from Sportsmans Guide for around 180 I think. I shoot 100 grains of triple7, 250 grain Barnes Expander MZ's and with that I shoot 100 yard groups all day long touching eachother. Thats just off a shooting bench and not in a vice. If you may be interested you need to check your state regs on hunting though. Some states don't allow it. Here in Missouri they do. You pull the trigger and it fires with barely a delay. As close to a centerfire as you can get without being one. Unlike some muzzleloaders that use a 209 primer to fire. There is a delay however brief. I know I can't tell when I shoot it. I think I would have opted for a Savage though. The one that uses smokeless powder to fire. Not sure of the model. BTW, never, ever put smokeless powder in a muzzleloader unless it was designed as such. I would have liked it cause I relaod and I wouldn't need to buy different powders. Just a thought. Am very pleased with my CVA and would recommend the brand to someone else.

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2012, 10:56:43 AM »

Then go buy one!

I bought a TC Encore a few years ago, the barrel was crap & I sold the tube. I will buy another tube andtry it one more time.

I like the Knight Long Range Hunter, might try it, but I have no logical reason to fear an Apex, none at all.

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2012, 11:02:18 AM »
These fellows would rather buy a $100.00 gun.  It suits them fine.  I'd rather have oats that hadn't already been through the horse even though they cost a little more.  Some of them work for Spanish gun companies and get lots of free stuff for pushing Spanish made stuff on various websites.  Many years ago Spanish muzzleloading companies produced some traditional guns that were pretty nice.  They had safe dependable American made barrels.  They had properly threaded and hardened breechplugs. Those days are long gone.  I'd rather buy a used T/C or Knight.  I can't afford to miss work to get fragmented gun parts extracted from my body.

Who are "these fellows", be specific. I personally have never paid as little as 100.00 for a MZ, not even years ago.
Yes, alot of high dollar guns come from Spain & they have to be proof checked. And it's retarded to think that An Apex can be sold with a 300WM tube, but not be strong enough for an MZ.

As a side note, I saw pics of an Encore that exploded just the other day. The operator did admit error though ::)

Offline rick59

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2012, 11:59:08 AM »
I wouldn't own anything made by CVA or Traditions.
Yeah we know we know. If its not stamped Remington you dont push it  :o

Unlike in your case, If its not stamped CVA you dont push it.
Stay Calm, Pick Your Spot.

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2012, 12:25:01 PM »
I don't push anything, I shoot it and share my results. Just got a TC Renegade... no wait.. 2 renegades now one 50 and one 54 and i love  the first one.  She shoots the 250 Aerolite powerbelts great so far.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2012, 01:27:44 PM »
Selling Powerbelts again today I see...... ::)

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2012, 02:12:36 PM »
And tomorrow it will be the 250gr REAL bullets ;)

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2012, 02:48:54 PM »
And tomorrow it will be the 250gr REAL bullets ;)

Yes, this reminds me of how I was accused of working for Nosler in Med. Bores because I mentioned them alot. Of course they ignored my many posts about Hornady, Sierra, etc.  ;)

Let me know how I can get those big endorsement dollars.  ;D

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2012, 03:20:32 PM »
You don't run a Nosler website, but someone here does you run a CVA and Powerbelt website and they do get free stuff.

« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2012, 03:24:13 PM »
My experience is in CVA which is why i am mod of the CVA forum.

Oh, and my place is open to all brands of muzzy shooters. We all get along great and help each other out the best we can.

Offline DennyRoark

• A Real Regular
    • The Ohio Outdoorsman
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2012, 07:06:43 AM »
  A simple google search will prove that I'm correct.  The x-ray showing the breech plug inside some poor fellows skull is very convincing.  Lots' of these foreign made guns have improperly threaded breech plugs.     "You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~

"Aut viam
   So it's OK to blow up a Savage 10ML because it's made in America?  I seem to remember a lot of their problems were breech plug related......just sayin'!
Denny Roark
Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)
The Second Amendment...the one that makes all the others possible
I have no problems with vegetarians...I eat them regularly-Ted Nugent
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2012, 07:10:38 AM »
Toby blew one up on purpose.  It was rebarreled and is still in the field.  You remember wrong.

Offline oberhaz

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2012, 09:08:59 AM »

Then go buy one!

I did and I'm proud of it!

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2012, 08:16:43 AM »
Then go buy one!
I did and I'm proud of it!

I bought a Spanish-made rifle, and I'm proud of it - under 100 bucks spent, and it kills deer just as well as a more expensive rifle made here. Light, handy, GREAT trigger, accurate - what's not to like?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2012, 11:11:35 AM »
Deer isn't all they kill.

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2012, 11:22:33 AM »
This topic has been locked. This forum will no longer tolerate suchs posts by some here. Debate is fine but posts containing such nonsense or foolishness will either be locked or deleted.