Author Topic: From the Douglas Reeman website  (Read 395 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
From the Douglas Reeman website
« on: January 26, 2012, 06:04:32 AM »
For those who have leisure time on their hands and are looking for a time out from reading dry tedious but not boring history I suggest the works of Douglas Reeman.  I find it hard to find the Reeman books in the U.S. so I order them from www.abebooks.com

Under the Reeman nom de plume he writes about WW II and action on British MTB's and  MGB's.  You guys may be more familiar with his work under the pen name Alexander Kent and the Bolitho series featuring sailing ships and cannon fire.

While visiting his website this morning if found an intersting story on rebuilding some old cannon carriges.  Here is a link to the story.   Son of a Gun

Offline BoomLover

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: From the Douglas Reeman website
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 06:40:25 AM »
 ;D That was an interesting story, and the pics were great! Thanks for posting this one!
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline Zulu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Honor is a gift a man gives himself.
    • Wood & Ironworks
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 07:12:05 AM »
For those who have leisure time on their hands and are looking for a time out from reading dry tedious but not boring history I suggest the works of Douglas Reeman.  I find it hard to find the Reeman books in the U.S. so I order them from www.abebooks.com

Under the Reeman nom de plume he writes about WW II and action on British MTB's and  MGB's.  You guys may be more familiar with his work under the pen name Alexander Kent and the Bolitho series featuring sailing ships and cannon fire.

While visiting his website this morning if found an intersting story on rebuilding some old cannon carriges.  Here is a link to the story.   Son of a Gun

I am reading a "Bolitho" series book right now. ;D
Zulu
Zulu's website
www.jmelledge.com

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 11:08:47 AM »
Less interested in the modern navy..... I found the site interesting.......
The A.Kent"Bolitho" is a great series I read them all that were available back when I was a teenager but after a visit to his site I see there are many I have missed! the copies I had were lost in the move south..... so now I'll have even a bigger chore rebuilding the collection and getting reaquainted with Richard Bolitho.......
Thanks for posting this.

Allen <><
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium