Author Topic: Just FYI Palmetto State Armory is selling stripped loweres at $49.95!  (Read 603 times)

Offline Minnesota1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
I've ordered my share of these lowers and they are great lowers.  They have a sale on til the end of the year for only $49.95 + $7 shipping to your ffl dealer.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/

It's right there on the front page.  They are roll marked Multi Caliber which for me is ideal.  I hope this saves some of you some good money.  Also, scroll down at their gen 2 LPK's for only $44.99 and if you prefer Magpul Moe LPK's they have great deals on them which is what I normally get as I prefer the grip and the trigger guard of Magpuls.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Just FYI Palmetto State Armory is selling stripped loweres at $49.95!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 08:00:31 PM »
Minnesota1, You seem to be familiar with PSA products.   I'm thinking about getting into an AR format (my first) on a shoestring budget and am contemplating the following two options.

Option 1:  Buy a S&W M&P Sporter 

Option 2: Buy a PSA middy build kit and stripped lower and assemble it myself.

The cost of both options work out to approximately the same except that I would still have to purchase sites and magazine(s) to complete the PSA project whereas the M&P Sporter comes with iron sites and at least one magazine.   The M&P is also backed by S&W's lifetime warranty.

What if any advantages would I gain be doing a PSA build for my first AR as apposed to buying a ready to shoot M&P?

Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 01:18:20 PM »
Brett...The advantage would be to know your AR inside and out and get a better understanding of what makes them tick.  If you assemble your own stripped lower you get to see how a trigger installation goes.  If you chose to upgrade your trigger down the road, it will be a snap.  Plus, there is a certain amount of pride you can take from firing a weapon that you partially assembled.  I am not quite brave enough to assemble an upper with headspacing issues and all...Maybe some day.

I purchased two of those lowers from PSA...They are a good place to deal with.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 02:01:10 PM »
Received my two lowers a couple days ago...Heard that PSA sold over 7000 of these things during that sale...That is absolutely awesome.  But, the price is back up to $79.95 now... :'(
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 08:56:45 AM »
Brett, if you build your own you can often up grade with parts/options you want up front. I know nothing about PSA good or bad. I have used others parts and can tell you from experince it is more cost effective to buy what you want up front. The lower kit most sell are made up of enomical parts. They often or of good quality but the trigger is single stage on the best priced kits. They have the pistol grip that is spartan . If you want a different trigger and pistol grip now is the time to up grade. Brownell's and others sell kits for pins and springs ( wolfe springs can be subsituted at this time ) . Type upper reciver can be selected as to what you want . A rail is nice but if you want a M2 (with handle and rear sight) now would be the time to get it . OK I hear those saying you can add that to a rail but if you look the hole in the handle is to small to get your fingers thru. to hold the gun on the add on handles. If you shop you can save alot as you supply the lobor and mark up on the labor.

Good luck , and I would suggest getting a guide on building an AR. Also Shotgun News is a good place to check prices and order parts.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 08:57:52 AM »
Hey if possible pick up and hold all you can and shoot as many as you can before deciding what you want.

Also stick with MILITARY SPC. PARTS . They often cost a bit more but they seem to work best. Take the 4 or 6 position stock the buffer tube for the military is a different size than commerical tubes. So if you put a commerical stock on a mil.spc. tube its loose. Stick to all M.S. parts and you will have a better chance of a good fit.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline ironglowjr

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 12:15:55 AM »
Hey guys here is something I found and wanted to share they have AR 15 lowers for $59 regular price as well as alot of other great stuff at great prices........ http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1SASL&name=Surplus+Arms+%26+Ammo+LOW15+Stripped+AR+Lower+Receiver&groupid=11
Josh (ironglowjr)