Author Topic: Problem with transfer bar  (Read 310 times)

Offline DBMJR1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Geaux Saints
Problem with transfer bar
« on: February 05, 2012, 11:15:39 AM »
I went to the range today, with load devolopment in mind.  I had fifty minty .357 rounds of five different powder weights ready for accuracy testing.

The first twelve rounds went swimmingly.  Then, click.

Thinking perhaps I didn't seat the primer all the way, I reset the hammer and , click. 

I wait, then open the rifle and check the firing pin.  It's fine.  I put in a new round.  While defective primers are rare, they do happen.  Click.      click click click click.

Observing the action, the transfer bar comes up, but immediatly drops down as the hammer falls.

Yes.  I have taken this rifle apart.  I know that I may have not assembled it correctly, although I did try to follow the instructions at perkloafm.com.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Problem with transfer bar
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 11:47:04 AM »
Too light a trigger will cause that exact problem, you may need to replace the trigger extension or the t-bar itself, tons of info in the FAQs on misfires and failure to fire (FTF).

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 11:59:47 AM »
yep, tha receiver that cyrus's mom sent back to brian56 for barrel work broke tha t-bar on tha 2nd or 3rd shot.......... >:(   so i robbed one from one of my spares and pay'n not much attention, i swapped it out. 2nd shot it broke again :o   so then i check'd internals and found that the previous owner been stone'n & grind'n eva thang inside including hammer ::)  so its all trashed !!!!!!!!!!!
i'm intha process now to correct this BS.
so, more to come ;)
sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline DBMJR1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Geaux Saints
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 12:06:56 PM »
Thanks for the replies folks.

This trigger group has NOT been worked on, other to disassemble, and reassemble it.  No stoning, filing, or dremel  tools at all.   I took it apart when I got home, and the T-bar appears to be fine.  Nothing appears to be broken.  I think I just don't have it together right????

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 12:13:41 PM »
You may have installed the lifter spring incorrectly, it's easy to do, Perklo's download shows a good pic of it installed correctly.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain