Author Topic: Ordered a Stag complete lower half!  (Read 342 times)

Offline NYH1

• Trade Count: (0)
Ordered a Stag complete lower half!
« on: February 07, 2012, 08:23:42 AM »
My friend (FFL dealer) is ordering me a Stag complete lower half with the A2 buttstock. Now I have to decide if I'm going to buy a Stag complete upper and make a Stag model 1 Rifle with a A2 buttstock out of the upper and lower. Or buy another brands upper.  Another friend of mine has a Stag model 3 left hand rifle. I've shot it a few times and it's a pretty nice setup, shoots great. I do like the look and feel of the mid length hand guard/gas system better then the carbine length hand guard/gas system. I could probably over look it and use a carbine length hand guard/gas system rifle and it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

I just want to put together a nice K.I.S.S. setup!

Guess I'll keep looking around and see what I come up with. I know there is going to be a varmint upper in the future, also maybe an old school 20" A2 upper or a 6.8 upper. Gotta get this one squared away first. Decision Decisions Decisions. . . . .

NYH1!  ;)
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Ordered a Stag complete lower half!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 09:58:18 AM »
My stag is probably my favorite ar. Nice thing about going that route is theres a no questions asked lifetime warantee on there stuff. If you even shoot out a barrel they will replace it.
blue lives matter

Offline NYH1

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ordered a Stag complete lower half!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 02:48:45 PM »
I really like the mid length hand guards.  But I might just go with the Stag upper.  Is it worth it to get their "Plus Package"? 

From Stag's web site-

For those wanting a rifle with extra testing and also with features for the constant firing of 5.56 ammunition Stag Arms offers the Plus Package. This package includes individual Magnetic Particle (MP) and High Pressure (HP) testing of the bolt and barrel, upgraded barrel steel, and other features listed below. Available only as a complete package.

Stag Arms standard carbines (Model 1, 2, 2T, 3, 8 and their left-handed equivalents) feature:

- Carpenter 158 shot peened Bolt with black extractor spring
- Shrouded full circle AR15 bolt carrier with side staked carrier key
- 5.56 NATO chambered barrel with chrome lining, 1/9 twist, double lead lapped, and parkerized under the front sight base
- F marked front sight base with taper pins
- Double heatshield handguards
- Mil-Spec size 7000 series aluminum receiver extension with staked receiver nut (also known as castle nut)
- One 30rd USGI Magazine*

In addition to our standard features listed above the Plus Package includes:

- 4150 barrel steel chrome lined
- 1/7 Twist rifling
- M4 feed ramps
- Individually MP & HP tested and marked Bolt & Barrel
- M-16 Bolt Carrier
- Heavy (H) buffer assembly
- One extra 30rd USGI Magazine (two total)*

Cost:

Rifle: $100
Upper half: $75.00 (Does not include magazine or heavy buffer)
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"