Author Topic: Roseanne Barr for president?? At least she's an American.  (Read 514 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Roseanne Barr for president?? At least she's an American.
« on: February 02, 2012, 02:25:19 PM »
   Roseanne Barr seeks Green Party presidential nod   by Associated Press Associated Press Posted on February 2, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Updated today at 8:08 PM        WASHINGTON (AP) — Roseanne Barr said Thursday she's running for the Green Party's presidential nomination — and it's no joke.
The actress-comedian said in a statement that she's a longtime supporter of the party and looks forward to working with people who share her values. She said the two major parties aren't serving the American people.
"The Democrats and Republicans have proven that they are servants -- bought and paid for by the 1% -- who are not doing what's in the best interest of the American people," Barr said.
Occupy Wall Street protesters popularized the "We are the 99 percent" slogan in their fight against economic disparity and perceived corporate greed.
Barr has submitted paperwork to the Green Party for her candidacy. The party's presidential nominee will be selected at a convention in Baltimore in July.
Barr said she has been fighting for working-class families and women for decades.
"I will barnstorm American living rooms," she said in a candidate questionnaire submitted to the Green Party. "Mainstream media will be unable to ignore me, but more importantly they will be unable to overlook the needs of average Americans in the run-up to the 2012 election."
Barr's hit TV sitcom "Roseanne" aired from 1988 to 1997 and earned her an Emmy and a Golden Globe. She played a wise-cracking mom in the comedy about a blue-collar family. Barr has a 46-acre macadamia nut farm in Hawaii.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
Re: Roseanne Barr for president?? At least she's an American.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 05:35:16 PM »
Green Party??

That fits.  They are full of #%&@, and we all know that's biodegradeable..........

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 12:14:07 AM »

Re: Roseanne  Barr for president?? At least she's an American.

The only thing I find more absurd than a whack job, loud mouth comidian trying to make a viable run for the presidency is the fact that birthers are still droning on about BHO not being a natural born citizen.  We get it.  You've been going on about it for 3 1/2 years now.  Even if it's true, the biggest superpower in the world isn't going to admit that they messed up to the outside world.  Time to move on to more important things like an election this fall.  Or cutting spending, or voting for a fiscally conservative majority in congress. 
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 12:30:14 AM »
maybe the "pimps and prostitutes for Paul" will switch their allegiance to her.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 02:06:23 AM »
Isn't a small "carbon footprint" part of the Green party's platform?

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 05:08:13 AM »
   Roseanne Barr seeks Green Party presidential nod   by Associated Press Associated Press Posted on February 2, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Updated today at 8:08 PM        WASHINGTON (AP) — Roseanne Barr said Thursday she's running for the Green Party's presidential nomination — and it's no joke.
The actress-comedian said in a statement that she's a longtime supporter of the party and looks forward to working with people who share her values. She said the two major parties aren't serving the American people.
"The Democrats and Republicans have proven that they are servants -- bought and paid for by the 1% -- who are not doing what's in the best interest of the American people," Barr said.
Occupy Wall Street protesters popularized the "We are the 99 percent" slogan in their fight against economic disparity and perceived corporate greed.
Barr has submitted paperwork to the Green Party for her candidacy. The party's presidential nominee will be selected at a convention in Baltimore in July.
Barr said she has been fighting for working-class families and women for decades.
"I will barnstorm American living rooms," she said in a candidate questionnaire submitted to the Green Party. "Mainstream media will be unable to ignore me, but more importantly they will be unable to overlook the needs of average Americans in the run-up to the 2012 election."
Barr's hit TV sitcom "Roseanne" aired from 1988 to 1997 and earned her an Emmy and a Golden Globe. She played a wise-cracking mom in the comedy about a blue-collar family. Barr has a 46-acre macadamia nut farm in Hawaii.

You can't blame old Rose for wanting to raise the (BARR} ;)
Actually as incredible as it is, she would probably make a better prez than one Democrat and three Republicans running! ::)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Stillkickin

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 06:07:13 AM »
Do you think they'll let her sing the National Anthem to kick off their convention?

Offline tgardner

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 07:29:17 AM »
One time of the national anthem from her was plenty for me. The disrespect for the flag and country changed any good feelings I had about that witch, but I don't think I had any good feelings.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 07:34:57 AM »
OMG.. Perish the thought.. I will not watch a show she in in on or supports... SAME for Whoopi, Strisands hubby and the idiot brothers the name escapes me... He is doing the credit card commercials now... UGG CRS...

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 10:21:58 AM »
Probably mean the Baldwin bros.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 10:25:44 AM »
Probably mean the Baldwin bros.
one of the baldwins is okay.  alec is the idiot.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 11:01:45 AM »
She said the two major parties aren't serving the American people.

She got that part 100% right.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 01:11:07 PM »

You can't blame old Rose for wanting to raise the (BARR} ;)
Actually as incredible as it is, she would probably make a better prez than one Democrat and three Republicans running! ::)
you need to make that "four" republicans. the iranian ayatollah said on the news tonight that their mission was to destroy Israel.  that makes your boy look bad since he said they were peaceable folks.   oh, and according to the ayatollah, we're next.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 03:12:05 PM »
Bugeye said.....
you need to make that "four" republicans. the iranian ayatollah said on the news tonight that their mission was to destroy Israel.  that makes your boy look bad since he said they were peaceable folks.   oh, and according to the ayatollah, we're next.

I don't have a boy, but I caught that slyyyyyyyyy reference! Your just too good ;)
The odds of Iran being able to destroy Israel is about the same as the three stooges being able to lead the head team of brain surgeons at John Hopkins! I could be wrong! I don't watch that great conservative news source FAUX anymore, so they could in fact be leading that team, according to them. And now I won't be able to sleep tonight, for fear of being trampled by a herd of angry camels.

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 03:57:48 PM »
  The Democrat now serving is a "Obummer" and the announced greenie is a zero..

The Republicans aren't world's better, when we look at their positions;
  A "moderate" (a liberal), an "angry" guy, a dpoehead ensbler, a Christian trying to run, in spite of many "Christophobe" voters, and an isolationist, as well as a Wall street type..
  As I said, there IS NO perfect politician..

" ANY POLITICIAN..A PERFECT MAN ?"  Haw, Haw..Haw...Ye Gads..that's a joke unto itself !  ;)   ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Lost Farmboy

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 04:07:29 PM »
  Between Barr and Obama I have to pick Barr. Between Barr and Romney, hmmmmm that's a hard one.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 02:14:46 PM »
At least she's an American.

Hmmm? I'm not sure about that. Last time I saw it, it looked like it was it's own continant! :P
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME