Author Topic: How's the Stag model 1 AR15??  (Read 469 times)

Offline NYH1

• Trade Count: (0)
How's the Stag model 1 AR15??
« on: February 01, 2012, 07:59:28 PM »
I had a RRA Tasc Rifle that I sold a few years ago because I wanted a flat top instead of a AR with the permanently affixed carry handle.  I also wanted to upgrade a few of my hunting rifles with better scopes, which I did.  Depending on how our tax return is, I might buy another AR.  It'll be used for target, plinking and sitting at the front of our gun safe in between to my 11-87 12 ga. (18.5" barrel, 6 shot mag) and my wife's 870 20 ga. Jr. model (18.5" barel, 6 shot mag).  It might see 500 or so rounds a year.  No type of competition, mainly a fun gun and SHTF gun.  I might get a longer barrel varmint type upper down the road.

So my question is, does a Stag model 1 sound like an AR that will work for what we're going to use it for?  I'd get another RRA, I like the mid length hand guard, mainly because that's what I had before.  However, my dealer has a few Stag's for $800 to $840.  He'll more then likely come down a little.  RRA's seem to be harder to get.  They seem to have long wait times on their rifles.  He also has a couple of Smith & Wesson MP15's for $850.  I'm not sure which models they are.  They don't have front or rear sights.  I know they're not the Sport models.

HERE is the model 1 I'm looking at.

Thanks, NYH1!
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: How's the Stag model 1 AR15??
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 12:21:59 AM »
stags are every bit as good of a gun as a rra gun. I have a 2t stag and its probably my favorite ar. Cool thing about stag is that you get a unquestioned lifetime warantee on the whole gun. Even if your not the original owner. For that reason i put my bump fire stock on mine. It is one of the most expensive ars i own and hated to abuse it but I figured what the hell. If i burn out a barrel or gas ring or something else theyll replace it for free anyway.
blue lives matter

Offline NYH1

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 07:16:43 AM »
I never took the life time warranty in to consideration.  Great point!

NYH1!  ;)
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Drilling Man

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 10:59:16 AM »
  Isn't the S&W also life time warr.??

DM

Offline NYH1

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 03:14:47 PM »
I'm not sure what S&W's warranty is.  IIRC, they're made with Stag's parent company CMT parts.  So maybe they have the same warranty.

NYH1.