Author Topic: H&R 340 with a stainless douglas barrel? (sorry if this is the wrong category)  (Read 240 times)

Offline voneill

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi All,

First, Sorry if I posted this in the wrong category I know it got moved earlier but when I tried to post the pictured it didn’t show up in the thread I’m new to the forum and stumbled across it while I was searching for some info. on an H&R I had picked up from a friend after his Father in law passed away. I saw a few people mention the Ultra series rifle and I’m reasonably sure that’s what I have. I’ll try to post a few pictures later on tonight but it’s a Yugo Mauser action chambered in 7mm rem mag. I think it’s probably the model 340 as it doesn’t have the really pronounced cheek piece that the 300 has. The one really unique feature the gun has that I haven’t seen is a Douglas premium ported stainless barrel. I had bought it to a gun smith I know and he said he hadn’t seen one like it but thought the work was done really well. I’m in college now and the 7mm mag is a pretty expensive round so I’m just looking to get rid of it at this point and was wondering  if anybody had any idea how much it was worth.
Thanks in advance for any info,
 Vince

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Pics post was merged with the original thread in the H&R Misc forum.

Tim

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain