Author Topic: Do any of you think the Government has a file on GBO or any of us?  (Read 1093 times)

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
Re: Do any of you think the Government has a file on GBO or any of us?
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 02:55:38 AM »
twoshooter:
"My best defense is that my life is so boring that anyone forced to watch it closely might suicide......."

Even that may get you looked at.
This guy never does anything, what is he trying to hide by being so inconspicuous? !!!

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 03:04:23 AM »
I believe that this website is on a list somewhere. I also believe that it's down on the list as to be monitored all the time. Too many other websites that would be of much higher priority,KKK,Nazis,Islamic and the such. If anybody from the govt. is checking up on this one, probably get a kick out of how we can get into a disagreement over drinking coffee with cream and sugar,or black. Why Ron Paul is better than ???, or who makes a better pick up truck. In the mean time, I'm going to get myself a cup of coffee, with Hazelnut creamer, and relax, that is until the wife notice's, and I have to get some honey-do jobs done.  :-[ gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline guzzijohn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 03:18:10 AM »
Quote from mcgooch:

"Either Obwana is the dumbest sumbirch anyone can imagine, or he thinks the rest of us are as dumb as the dips that voted for him.  He is pandering bigtime to the welfare queens and the ghetto commies that want everything and anything for free.  This guy has no sense of responsibility, no common sense and has outrageously pushed the dictatorial pretense to an unbelievable level.  High crimes and misdemeanors?  Sure seems that way to me.  Time to get the rope and gallows ready."

The last sentence in the post above may raise an eye brow or two.
I am not sure that info gathering and watching is any worse now than it was under the McCarthy era or the Nixon era except it is much easier to do now.
GuzziJohn

Offline magooch

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 03:21:51 AM »
I have never said anything on this site, or any other, or for that matter in letters to the editor of our local paper (that must be signed) that I wouldn't say right to Obwana's face.  I refuse to be intimidated by the likes of him, his stupid AG, or anyone else in his government.  I've dealt with the IRS and they are absolutely reprehensible under any President.  They can all kiss my ... life is too short to let any of them get under your skin.
Swingem

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 04:44:53 AM »
I do know of two groups that moniter the internet.
They don't read everything perse but key words kick the reead to a new level and can get their attention.
What they do with these files, would, I suspect, depend on further investigation.
They can get IP addresses without asking anyone for them.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline jhm

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 05:37:40 AM »
     I would say that there is someone watching what is being said here and looking a little harder to a few, but Im sure it was also happening B-4  Osama been Lying took office.   Jim

Offline magooch

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 05:51:35 AM »
When I read what some of you guys have said on this and other forums, it has to make you wonder what has happened to this country.  Have we really gotten to the point where we are afraid of our government?  Maybe we should be, but I'm not there.  As bad as it might have gotten with this administration and as bad as some of you think the previous administration was in regard to lost liberties, this is still the freest, and I think the best country in the world--in spite of and no thanks to our governments at any level.  We can't blame some outside force for our problems, we can't blame our form of government, or the Constitutional foundation; it is us, the poorly informed, the ignorant, the unconcerned and easily duped voters who bear the blame.  The politicians are just pandering to what they see out there and what they think they have to do and say to get elected.

As bad as it has gotten, every once in a while there is a little glimmer that helps to renew my faith.  The town I live near, installed some of those stop light cameras where they take a picture of your license plate and send you a bill for running a light.  To say the least there was a lot of controversy over it.  While it might well have reduced the amount of red light running, many including myself believe it is a step too far.  Recently the town allowed for a vote on the matter and the majority said, "get rid of the cameras."  They are due to be pulled out this spring.  It was a sign to me that some people still have limits to what they are willing to allow government to do to us.
Swingem

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 06:01:39 AM »
I doubt there is a big effort put into a site like GB. but I'll bet that everything posted gets searched by that big computer in the sky that has caught so many domestic terrorists. It searches for keywords, but there is undoubtedly so much inflamitory stuff on the net I doubt GB is very high on the radar screen.

What I try to be careful of though is writing stuff that would give some lawyer ammo if I had to shoot someone who then tried to sue me. Easy to let the juices start flowing and write things that may apply in one situation but not every situation, but some lawyer could make it look like you were looking to shoot to death anyone who trespassed on your property. 

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 07:22:43 AM »
We have over 40,000 members who profess to own guns. We often speak of the displeasure with the way our country is being run. You can bet your bottom that not only do they have a file, but they keep a constant check on us. 40,000 people with similar ideas isn't scary to the Government in itself, but 40,000 gun owners with like minded ideas could be seen as dangerous. So I hate to break it to you gentlemen, but IF the day comes that they start rounding people up, we will be very close to the top of their list. 
Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline redboot612

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, 07:43:55 AM »
Yea, we may be a watch dog group they are keeping and eye on...Like someone said in an earlier post they want bigger fish than us...but even Google is watched...and no telling about other search engines...plus every word on a cell phone is listened too...listening to the cell phones there are certain words they key on...
Beware of the man that carries a single shot rifle, because there won't be any warning shots!!!

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2012, 08:00:13 AM »
They've got a file on me - I've bought multiple firearms, and I'm an Air Pirate!
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2012, 08:11:29 AM »
We have over 40,000 members who profess to own guns. We often speak of the displeasure with the way our country is being run. You can bet your bottom that not only do they have a file, but they keep a constant check on us. 40,000 people with similar ideas isn't scary to the Government in itself, but 40,000 gun owners with like minded ideas could be seen as dangerous. So I hate to break it to you gentlemen, but IF the day comes that they start rounding people up, we will be very close to the top of their list.
Heather
well, I guess we are hamstrung when it comes to using the 2nd amendment for its intended use.
I've heard the old "from my cold dead fingers" before, but if they show up at my door I have to shoot it out, or give them my guns, because NOBODY is going to help.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2012, 08:54:05 AM »
well, I guess we are hamstrung when it comes to using the 2nd amendment for its intended use.
I've heard the old "from my cold dead fingers" before, but if they show up at my door I have to shoot it out, or give them my guns, because NOBODY is going to help.

Don't worry, after all it all came about incrementally! LOL!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline 351 power

• A Real Regular
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2012, 12:55:07 AM »
they build a file pretty quick if you don't pay your taxes
every day is a gift. use it well

colour is a symbol of where you are from and not of who you are

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2012, 04:17:07 AM »
I believe the web site itself is the file. Why rewrite or restore the info contained here? Seems to me a good way to stay out of the gov't sights is to pass on any offers for cheap weapons of mass destruction. Another good idea is to pass on any offers for help pulling off some sort of killing rampage.

You folks have to decide which it is. This government is a collection of the dumbest most incompetent buffoons available, a combination of The Apple Dumpling Gang meets The Three Stooges. Second choice, the omnipotent corrupt source of all imaginable evil. In my experience the  dumb asses are in charge ( DMV, Post Office, Social Security Administration, need I go on?).
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**