Author Topic: Leather Cartridge Carriers  (Read 1320 times)

Offline NMTracker

• Trade Count: (2)
Leather Cartridge Carriers
« on: February 24, 2012, 04:39:43 AM »
I am new to the Handi Rifle - just purchased my first one about two weeks ago. I am actually waiting on two barrels I got off of the forum here to come in, so for the moment, I only have half a handi! Since I couldn't shoot it til the barrels come in, I sat down and made a couple of buttstock cartridge carriers in the meantime.

Offline Jason F

• Trade Count: (261)
Re: Leather Cartridge Carriers
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 04:42:00 AM »
You should start selling them i need about 30 of them.
handi rifles- 22 mag      22 hornet    223      7mm-08      308 chip shot     30-30 x2     30-06 shorty      358 cheez whiz     357 max     35 remington     375-08    410 rifled slug     454 casull     460 s&w     45 smokeless muzzleloader x2     45-70    50 huntsman    50-70 government shikari     20 ga.ush     12 ga.ush    12 ga.3 1/2     10 ga.imp.cyl. slug gun

Offline Rodland

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 04:54:28 AM »
Welcome aboard! Very nice leather work.

Working on a Handi and do not even have a barrel? You sir are a Handiholic already. ::)

We have daily meetings, open 24 hr. a day right here. Come back often. :)
My remember'er is broke, but my forgetter is getting better.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 05:12:35 AM »
Cool idea!  Visit the Leatherworking forum here on GBO also!   ;D
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline jpshaw

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 05:22:32 AM »
Never used carriers that much since the only one I tried kept sliding up to the trigger due to my straight stock.  However those leather ones do look tempting.

Offline kynardsj

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • Sweet Home Alabama
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 05:31:14 AM »
Those are very nice. I have a friend in Arkansas that does leather work. He's made a lot of holsters and such for me. Right now I have him working on a wrist belt to carry a couple of easy to get to rounds. Kinda like the expensive nylon and velcro ones that TC sells but made from leather.
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die the world cries and you rejoice.

Offline NMTracker

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 08:24:33 AM »
Those are very nice. I have a friend in Arkansas that does leather work. He's made a lot of holsters and such for me. Right now I have him working on a wrist belt to carry a couple of easy to get to rounds. Kinda like the expensive nylon and velcro ones that TC sells but made from leather.

You know, I've been curious about those. If you remember, I'd love to see a pic of it if it works well for you.

Offline kynardsj

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • Sweet Home Alabama
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 08:30:05 AM »
Will be happy to post a pic when it gets here. The price of the nylon ones by TC is just crazy but it's all I could get at the time so I could have some quick extra rounds for my Encore.
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die the world cries and you rejoice.

Offline tacklebury

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Central Michigan
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 11:20:04 AM »
Welcome and sweet job!  love em.  ;D
Tacklebury --}>>>>>    Multi-Barrel: .223 Superlite, 7mm-08 22", .30-40 Krag M158, .357 Maximum 16-1/4 HB, .45 Colt, .45-70 22" irons, 32" .45-70 Peeps, 12 Ga. 3-1/2 w/ Chokes, .410 Smooth slugger, .45 Cal Muzzy, .50 Cal Muzzy, .58 Cal Muzzy

also classics: M903 9-shot Target .22 Revolver, 1926 .410 Single, 1915 38 S&W Break top Revolver and 7-shot H&R Trapper .22 6" bbl.

Offline GeorgiaDave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 04:35:39 AM »
Hello,

Very nice, neat work. I like the way that they are laced on and have the ability to be removed and replaced with the one fitting the needs whatever barrell is on the frame. My uncle makes a shell holded as well, and his is more of a semi permenent fixture. Both of these accessories show that a gun truly is an object that can take on the personality of its owner. Again, very nice and extremely clean looking work. Thanks for sharing. I have included some pics of my uncles work as well. Have a great day.

Dave
"Firepower is one carefully placed shot, just make sure that it leaves a big hole."

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 06:21:37 AM »
Handsome work, NMT,  especially the brown on brown!
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline NMTracker

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 05:48:01 AM »
Hello,

Very nice, neat work. I like the way that they are laced on and have the ability to be removed and replaced with the one fitting the needs whatever barrell is on the frame. My uncle makes a shell holded as well, and his is more of a semi permenent fixture. Both of these accessories show that a gun truly is an object that can take on the personality of its owner. Again, very nice and extremely clean looking work. Thanks for sharing. I have included some pics of my uncles work as well. Have a great day.

Dave

I really like those! And now that I have used these for a few days, I see why your uncle designed it the way he did. They do have a tendency to slide forward toward the receiver because of the stock shape. Gonna have to work on that.....

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 06:14:29 AM »
If you put a sling on you can tie the long lace end to the swivel to hold it back; if no sling just run it through the swivel stud eye.  ;) (been there......)
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 08:16:30 AM »
I need something like one of those for my BC.
Old arthur probably won't let me make my own though....  :(  anyone feel sorry for me?  ::)

;D ;D ;D ;D
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member