Author Topic: hubbards ram rod  (Read 1965 times)

Offline jenkst

• Trade Count: (0)
hubbards ram rod
« on: February 09, 2012, 09:01:52 AM »
Has anyone purchased a hubbard rod in the last two months? I ordered one the first week in december and have not recieved it yet. I called just before christmas and he said he had no stock.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Re: hubbards ram rod
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 06:12:55 PM »
I believe that Mr. Hubbard ran out of brass to make more ramrods, and he is currently waiting for more  raw materials.  IIRC there was a thread regarding this problem/delay.

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,245138.msg1099451084.html#new
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline Jason F

• Trade Count: (261)
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 11:57:02 PM »
i ordered mine a couple weeks ago he said he is making them now so i should be getting mine soon.hopefully
handi rifles- 22 mag      22 hornet    223      7mm-08      308 chip shot     30-30 x2     30-06 shorty      358 cheez whiz     357 max     35 remington     375-08    410 rifled slug     454 casull     460 s&w     45 smokeless muzzleloader x2     45-70    50 huntsman    50-70 government shikari     20 ga.ush     12 ga.ush    12 ga.3 1/2     10 ga.imp.cyl. slug gun

Offline jparedes

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 04:18:34 AM »
Anybody has a picture of the ram rod that Mr. Hubbard makes?

Also, Mr. Hubardd's phone number?

Thanks.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 05:12:46 AM »
Anybody has a picture of the ram rod that Mr. Hubbard makes?

Also, Mr. Hubardd's phone number?

Thanks.

See H&R FAQs and Help Plus Original Stickys above.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline CaseyF

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 05:35:14 PM »
I ordered a Ben Hubbard Ram rod for my Sidekick on Nov 6th Here is his Orginal response
"Casey, I have a couple of them left and it will be a while, before I get a shipment of material and make up some more. I get $40.00 for them. If you want one, I will need the following: Length of your rifle barrel, ; your mailing address and phone number. I will assemble it and ship it to you on invoice and you send me a $40.00 check or money order. Fair enough? Ben Hubbard"
well about 3-5 times a week since then I would get stupid junk political email and jokes from him, so today I sent him this
Please take me off from your email list, the only thing I would like to hear is if you got my ramrod done...Thanks!
and this was  his reponse
Be Happy to. I will let you know when I finish your ramrod. After I get paid for it. Remove me from YOUR list.

needless to say I WILL NOT be using a Hubbard Ramrod!!

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 03:38:21 PM »
Good luck on finding one that's as good quality wise. ::)
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 03:59:50 PM »
I have one and its a very good rod.. I only use it when in the woods hunting as I find a "range rod" far handier...

He IS quite a character... A couple years ago when I ordered mine it had a message something like this..." Sorry we missed your call leave a message" (Droning down beat) Then MUCH more upbeat and in the same message: "If you wanna go hunting or fishing call my cell 123-456-7891" LOL I found it quite amusing...

CW

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 12:00:14 AM »
I ordered a Ben Hubbard Ram rod for my Sidekick on Nov 6th Here is his Orginal response
"Casey, I have a couple of them left and it will be a while, before I get a shipment of material and make up some more. I get $40.00 for them. If you want one, I will need the following: Length of your rifle barrel, ; your mailing address and phone number. I will assemble it and ship it to you on invoice and you send me a $40.00 check or money order. Fair enough? Ben Hubbard"
well about 3-5 times a week since then I would get stupid junk political email and jokes from him, so today I sent him this
Please take me off from your email list, the only thing I would like to hear is if you got my ramrod done...Thanks!
Be Happy to. I will let you know when I finish your ramrod. After I get paid for it. Remove me from YOUR list.

I hope you at least had the decency to cancel the order. 
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Jason F

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 03:15:43 AM »
I called him and ordered one a few weeks ago and he said mail him a check after i get it in mail. Maybe i should call him and see if he is still making it for me
handi rifles- 22 mag      22 hornet    223      7mm-08      308 chip shot     30-30 x2     30-06 shorty      358 cheez whiz     357 max     35 remington     375-08    410 rifled slug     454 casull     460 s&w     45 smokeless muzzleloader x2     45-70    50 huntsman    50-70 government shikari     20 ga.ush     12 ga.ush    12 ga.3 1/2     10 ga.imp.cyl. slug gun

Offline jenkst

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 01:19:36 PM »
mr. hubbard called today and said he had more material for ram rods. He sure is good man to deal with.   jenkst

Offline Brewster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 01:42:55 PM »
Yup.  Ben called me, too.  We had a nice chat.  Hellava man at 79 years young.

Offline ropadop

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Thank God for the great outdoors!
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 02:24:22 PM »

I came across this exact post on another board.  I guess CaseyF has an axe to grind.  To be honest, I thought the email from CaseyF to Hubbard was a reasonable request, but could have been interpreted as being a little rude.  I thought Hubbard's reply was actually kind of funny!  The fact that he is going to send you his product before payment is pretty unusual in this day.  If you don't want his ram rod, which receives great reviews, you should let him know.  To take his ramrod without paying for it would be dishonest. 
Thank God for the great outdoors!

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 12:28:07 AM »
Oh I agree.  I do not want to be on everyone's auto send email list either.  But if this is legit, he will wait until the rod shows up and not pay for it.  Send him one last email and say please cancel my order like a man would do.  As you stated this seems like a personal thing if he is spreading it all over the net. 
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 12:39:31 AM »

CaseyF,
Instead of being a lil' baby about having to delete a few emails it would seem easier to just learn how to use your spam filter.  I think when you get his product you WILL USE IT and you should pay for it.

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline Kernbigo

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 04:17:33 AM »
he called me last niight and said mine would be sent this week

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 04:44:14 AM »

CaseyF,
Instead of being a lil' baby about having to delete a few emails it would seem easier to just learn how to use your spam filter.  I think when you get his product you WILL USE IT and you should pay for it.

BB

I apologize to this forum and GB for my personal comments made in my previous post.  Mr. Hubbard is a first class gentleman and fine craftsman and he doesn't need me defending him in a public forum.

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 05:13:09 AM »
It's unfortunate, but it seems like  :-X , just joined to post the one comment knocking Mr. Hubbard. 

I do hope that Mr. Hubbard didn't get beat on the ram rod.  There aren't many people who still do business the old fashioned way.  I can see why.  It is a shame. :-[

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 05:43:27 AM »
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Jason F

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 06:15:28 AM »
i got mine in the mail yesterday,went straight to post office and put a money order in mail for it, you dont find to many people like him any more.

Offline jenkst

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 12:43:08 PM »
Got mine today. She sure is purty. Mr. Hubbard does great work and great to work with. A  true gentleman. Not many left like him.             jenkst

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
  • A Real Regular
  • For every Goliath, there is a stone.
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2012, 01:33:24 AM »
Got mine today...great workmanship..can't wait to try it out..$40 well-spent...Garb
12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
sold it for $125
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Politicians should only be allowed one term in office, then one term in jail.