Author Topic: Barrel with choke tubes  (Read 521 times)

Offline Forestclimber

• Trade Count: (38)
  • A Real Regular
Barrel with choke tubes
« on: March 08, 2012, 10:11:46 AM »
Do they make a 28 or 30 inch barrel with a choke tube?  3.5 inch chamber and 12 gauge?
I would like to find a nice used one.  Wood stock.

Offline RPRNY

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Barrel with choke tubes
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 12:40:30 PM »
Yes, the 28" VR screw choke barrel is a factory option (send in post '87 SB1 or 2 receiver for fitment) and was on the Topper de luxe.  Threaded for Browning Invector chokes.

OOOPS - just reread and noted you wanted a 3.5" chamber. That one does not exist AFAIK. You could have it reamed to 3.5" or if you find a fixed choke barrel with that chamber, I just had Mike Orlen in Amherst Ma, thread me a 20 ga MOD choked gun for Invector tubes. $35 + Shipping.

FYI if looking for a 20ga with screw chokes, be aware that they bore a 12 ga blank to 20ga leaving you with a gun that carries like a 10 and hits like a 20.... :o
[spoof]The Handi-Rifle is a highly matrixed, vintage tactical shooting platform allowing operators high interchangeability, extended caliber diversity, and a wide choice of range related optical solutions suited to the demands of their tactical operating environments.  ;) [/spoof]

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 04:01:43 PM »
The 1st year they made the topper deluxe classic some had 3 1/2 chambers, vent rib and tubes. They are rare. The topper deluxe had 3 1/2" chamber and was threaded for tubes . I think there was 24" Turkey barrel as well. If I heard right they are all out of production now.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Forestclimber

• Trade Count: (38)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 05:54:00 PM »
How much is a used SB-1 or SB-2 receiver?

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 12:57:31 AM »
Take a look at the h&r/Nef classifieds. Both were for sale the last time I looked.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun