Author Topic: 17 rem fever  (Read 348 times)

Offline plugger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
17 rem fever
« on: March 17, 2012, 08:05:52 PM »
Ever since I got that 17 Rem Bullberry and got on these sites I have not found my lady of 49 years. I know she is here some where but I'll get to that later. Got a great 17HMR from Larry but I can't get this 17 Rem outta my system. I started with 80 factory Rem loads, got them cheap. I was given  a few places to buy more and advise how to reload. But now I want to make the damn things. If anyone knew how I stalk the ebay and other sites for dies and presses,( Larry I did get the 49 th edition and I am reading the hell out it), you'd think I was nuts. Sooo, If anybody has any compassion for a addict like me can you at least give me a list of dies that are a must for 17 Rem nuts like me. I am getting a Redding T7, I beleave, still bidding. I think the slower, look at every move thing, is my style, so that's what I prefer. I have been to Accurate shooters, Saubier and I think these guys are way over my head for now. You folks are and have been good to guys like me, so if you can help plz do. Hey!! Larry :) if your reading.
P.S. those of you that know him, me for just awhile, if he wrote a book about this stuff, would that not be a best seller??? I'd buy several copies.

Offline Bugflipper

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: 17 rem fever
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 10:16:18 PM »
I like the http://www.midwayusa.com/product/571720/lee-collet-2-die-neck-sizer-set-17-remington You get more accuracy with neck sizing only. I have a few rcbs dies, most are lee though. To me they are just easier to adjust.

Molon labe

Offline JamesW

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 11:11:02 PM »
Plugger,

What is a 17rem Bullberry, and how is it different to a 17rem?

Been shooting a 17rem since 81, wore the factory barrel out , tikka lsa55, replaced with a shillen ss in 83 and then only shot occaisionaly for many years.  Have been shooting regularly again for the last 3 years and have never fallen out of love with my 17rem.  Never had a factory round through it!!!!!  Always had trouble with the Remington brass and split necks and have just started reforming 204ruger brass, this is looking much better, but time will tell!

Offline plugger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 09:21:46 AM »
I'm not sure what Bullberry does that the Factory custom shop doesn't do, but that's what came on the G2 I bought. What your doing with the 204 seems to be popular with others I have read about. Good idea. thanks