Author Topic: Help me identify these mags....  (Read 572 times)

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
Help me identify these mags....
« on: May 10, 2012, 11:33:28 AM »
First one is a side by side view of two .45 acp mags

Second and third are either side of a 9mm mag

They came in a random box of "gun stuff" a friend gave to us, and no idea what they are to. Any help is appreciated.
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: Help me identify these mags....
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 01:27:51 AM »
The 9mm mags look similar to the Ruger SR9 mags and I wonder if the top mags in 45 may not be for a ParaOrdinance seeing as how they appear to double stack below the single feed to the chamber. 

Offline NickSS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Help me identify these mags....
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 10:42:45 PM »
There are a half dozen 45 ACP pistols on the market that take double stacked mags like you picture.  They could be para ordinance or an XP or several others that I can think of.  As for the 9mm mag there are several dozen pistols that take mags like you picture each differing a bit in length, hight and positions of the locking knotch.  I own several myself and each looks exactly like every other one except for minor differences.  I personally have marked and segregated my extra mags so that I do not get them mixed up which happened one time to me and it was most embarising when I tried to insert a mag from my Taurus PT99 into my CZ 75B.  It went in but would not lock in.  I eventually placed all my mags on a table along with all my pistols and tried them.  I then color coded them to the gun and store them in separate boxes that are labeled for the gun in question.  The only ones that I did not have an identification problem with is the Ruger P series 9mm guns as the mag catch notch for all of them is directly in the front of the mag and they are interchangable between models.