Author Topic: Unqualified to mount a scope / Rant / annoying buyers  (Read 933 times)

Offline ralfus

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
Unqualified to mount a scope / Rant / annoying buyers
« on: March 04, 2012, 05:12:32 PM »
So I sold a red dot sight online elsewhere. It was in perfect working order. Buyer receives it and complains that the screw heads are stripped. I asked if he was using a metric wrench as the scope and rings are Japanese. I also offered to have him return the rings for me to replace the screws or completely swap rings.

He then drops that topic and states" the scope is backwards". I ask him what does he mean by backwards and ask if he is looking in the correct end of the scope. His only reply is that I should have mentioned "the scope is backwards" in the listing. I told him again that the scope was not backwards and asked what was the problem. I had him return the scope to avoid any more nonsense.

The scope arrived and the screws were fine and a 2.5mm wrench was a perfect fit. I look at everything on the scope to figure out what the heck he is talking about. The logo on the scope body is printed in two places so it is visible in either orientation. I had it oriented with the power rheostat UP so no knobs would be in the way of ejecting brass. This oriented the adjustment knob labled "up" to the left side of the scope.  He wasn't smart enough to swap the up and left discs on the turrets or just rotate the scope in the rings (using the correct wrench).  He couldn't state he was confused.

I had to email him the owners manual highlighting the section about rotating the scope to suit your needs.

Hopefully this may help other folks understand:

use the right tools for the job
scope mounting isn't for everybody
sometimes just "ask" rather than accuse

End of rant, maybe it will help others avoid nonsense.

Offline shvlhead.45

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Unqualified to mount a scope / Rant / annoying buyers
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 07:22:11 AM »
The really sad part is that them folks reproduce and vote.  Hope he's happy now.

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 09:39:29 AM »
Probably put it on his full metal jousting pole.  No, that would require a European model.

Offline Uncle Harry

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 05:23:56 AM »
Ya can't fix stupid.

Offline Delbert

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 10:19:30 AM »
Honestly, are people born stupid, or is it from the school they go to, that they learn how to be stupid? What's worse, is they don't know how to own up to their stupidity, and blame it on others'.
Del

Offline rtpzwms

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 03:40:23 PM »
Sounds like the gene pool could use some chlorine!

Offline SilverArrowPro

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 04:13:59 PM »
LMAO I needed that after the day I had!

~K2~ sent from my Nook using Tapatalk

Offline Rodland

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 01:09:49 PM »
Not only do they reproduce, they tote guns they can't mount a scope to and walk the same woods as those who can. >:(
My remember'er is broke, but my forgetter is getting better.

Offline Savage .250

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 04:31:37 AM »
Some folks just don`t get it!   :)
" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline wild willy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 09:51:53 AM »
The sad part is that its not going to get any better look around at the people who are having litters of kids.In most cases its not the hard working responsible people.

Offline Zachary

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 04:29:10 PM »
I think I own about 22 to 25 bolt action rifles.  When I was young (back in 1988) I bought my first rifle, a Browning A-Bolt Stainless Synthetic in 7mm Rem. Mag.  These were the bomb when they first came about.  I also bought a Nikon 3x-9x-40mm scope, and had the store mount it.  I think about a year later I bought the same gun, except in .270, but with a Nikon 3.5x-10x-50mm.  Again, I forgot the name of the store, but they mounted the scope for me.  However, since then, I have mounted all of my scopes myself without any problems.  In fact, I must say that with my first two guns, when I took my first shots on paper at the range, the shots were way off.  However, when I boresighted my scopes when I mounted them myself, would you believe that virtually all of my own mounted scopes yielded first shots pretty darn close to the bullseye? LOL!  Trust me, I'm no gunsmith, but if I can do it, any body can (or at least should) be able to do it!

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 03:09:52 AM »
Good Morning,

Is it just me or does anybody else find the above dark blue text hard to read against the light blue background?

I know my eyes are getting old but good grief Zakary, help us out a little here.  ;D

Regards,
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (26)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 02:15:22 AM »
And to think, he has a gun. :o That is scarry.