Author Topic: Obamacare and you  (Read 773 times)

Offline Incitatus

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
Obamacare and you
« on: March 28, 2012, 02:19:05 AM »
Came across this
http://mikecobbsstuffformen.blogspot.com/

Covers my thoughts pretty close.  Always thought that it is a good thing to take care of the neediest among us but that this law was just too much.  Well, we'll know soon enough.
NRA Life Member-Patron-Endowment-Benefactor

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Obamacare and you
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 03:49:08 AM »
that makes sense to me.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 12:54:49 PM »
Seems Justice Kagan should recluse herself from this case, since she was once solitictor general arguing for Obamacare; which is also known as the Gurannteed Profits for Healthcare Corps Act.....
..TM7
How does a law that is going to put all private helth care companies out of business and drive everything to the government gurantee any profits?
The whole law is written to give your employer the option to pay a cheaper amout and push you to the public policy.
By pushing people off the health care companies they gain NO profit from something they do not sell.
Now with the three payer system that Obama care will end up with costs will rise or the service will fall. 
The three payers will be the Obama care for the general public, government healthcare for the politicians (they exemped them selves and made their own plan) and the Military plan.  As Obama said in the campain to pass it all Private insurance will be gone in 10 years.  The Public option was the only option.
If we just went back to a simple insurance of a catastrophic coverage and paid out of pocket for all other care, Prices would fall, care would get better,  Insurance would drop, and you would be healthier.  Instead you want the insurance company to cover everything from cat scan to tooth paste.  That coverage makes you want more and since you are not really spending your money you opt for more expensive stuff  driving the costs for all up.
Forget that the law makes you buy something.  If the Government can make you buy one thing they can not only use the Tax laws for social engineering they can use the so called commerce clause to make you buy things.
They can make you buy the atkins diet, go vegan, buy an electric car before you can buy a fossil fueld car,
If you think the prices of something are high now wait till you are forced to buy that good.

Offline Raptor

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 01:15:46 PM »
I work at a big hospital and hate to see people going to the hospital in bad health many times because of poor life choices they made, drinking ,over eating , drugs and the hospital can not turn them away, and when they don't have insurance and no pot to piss in, we all end up paying for it.
Its just like our auto insurance we don,t like having to have it but if the other person dosen't have it, your screwed !

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 01:38:52 PM »
I work at a big hospital and hate to see people going to the hospital in bad health many times because of poor life choices they made, drinking ,over eating , drugs and the hospital can not turn them away, and when they don't have insurance and no money to piss in, we all end up paying for it.
Its just like our auto insurance we don,t like having to have it but if the other person dosen't have it your screwed !
those durn poor people, always pissing in their money ???
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 03:06:52 PM »
I believe it's that they don't have a pot to piss in.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 03:59:11 PM »
I'm thinking that the insurance mandate might not be a bad idea... if it gets people insured who otherwise would get rejected by insurance companies because they're a bad risk.

This guy is my doc. He has checked out of the insurance business - he doesn't keep anyone one staff to file it, saves some 300K a year - cash only - by FAR AND AWAY best primay care I've ever had. Watch this, you won't regret it:

[/url]
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline powderman

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 04:40:04 PM »
I believe it's that they don't have a pot to piss in.

Who can afford a pot?? POWDERMAN.  :D :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 06:19:29 PM »
Yt3,

Concierge medicine is likely the only aspect that could survive Obamacare, and I am glad it works for you.   

The rest of us must endure the normal healthcare system.  Obamacare will kill healthcare as we know it.   There was another poster that correctly identified the biggest driver of hospital costs are the freeloaders.   They come to the ER for treatment of minor complaints.    They always say they have neither insurance nor a job, giving as little info as possible to avoid a bill.   

If Congress really wants to address the cost issue,  they should put teeth into debt collection laws.  One example of a law with teeth would be levies against bank accounts and salaries.   Direct collections law reform is the first step to addressing cost issues in healthcare economics.

The last option is a repeal of EMTALA, which liberals and freeloader parasites would bemoan.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 12:05:47 AM »
Best   analogy   Ive   heard  >   Virgina    A. G.   calls   the    1000  page   bill   the    Lawyer    Employment   Act  .

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 01:34:29 AM »
Yt3,
Concierge medicine is likely the only aspect that could survive Obamacare, and I am glad it works for you.   
I don't know that 'Concierge medicine' is proper description of Forrest's practice - he doesn't charge a retainer, just 49 bucks a visit. If you get a full physical (450, was 300 last year) then visits are only 20 bucks each for following 12 months. You can still file your own insurance. Actually... he's pretty close to what MCWOODDUCK posted earlier as a recommendation:
If we just went back to a simple insurance of a catastrophic coverage and paid out of pocket for all other care, Prices would fall, care would get better,  Insurance would drop, and you would be healthier. 

'Obamacare' - the main thing I see in it - is that it requires all to get SOME form of insurance, along with requiring that ALL be able to purchase is regardless of pre-existing conditions. That seems like a good idea, to me.
There was another poster that correctly identified the biggest driver of hospital costs are the freeloaders.

The mandate addresses that, doesn't it?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 03:18:24 AM »
Seems Justice Kagan should recluse herself from this case, since she was once solitictor general arguing for Obamacare; which is also known as the Gurannteed Profits for Healthcare Corps Act.....
..TM7
How does a law that is going to put all private helth care companies out of business and drive everything to the government gurantee any profits?
The whole law is written to give your employer the option to pay a cheaper amout and push you to the public policy.
By pushing people off the health care companies they gain NO profit from something they do not sell.
Now with the three payer system that Obama care will end up with costs will rise or the service will fall. 
The three payers will be the Obama care for the general public, government healthcare for the politicians (they exemped them selves and made their own plan) and the Military plan.  As Obama said in the campain to pass it all Private insurance will be gone in 10 years.  The Public option was the only option.
If we just went back to a simple insurance of a catastrophic coverage and paid out of pocket for all other care, Prices would fall, care would get better,  Insurance would drop, and you would be healthier.  Instead you want the insurance company to cover everything from cat scan to tooth paste.  That coverage makes you want more and since you are not really spending your money you opt for more expensive stuff  driving the costs for all up.
Forget that the law makes you buy something.  If the Government can make you buy one thing they can not only use the Tax laws for social engineering they can use the so called commerce clause to make you buy things.
They can make you buy the atkins diet, go vegan, buy an electric car before you can buy a fossil fueld car,
If you think the prices of something are high now wait till you are forced to buy that good.
Obamacare doesn't put HC Corps out of business... ::) ....it gives them more business since everybody has to buy a plan...and the governmnet becomes the collection agency....pretty good...huh?  "Guarranteed Profits for HC Corps Act" is not my term...its a term used by HC corp insiders....they wrote the BILL...with the bipartisan Gang of Six.....What are you thinking;  a HC plan devised by Romney would cut HC corps out of the action...??  ::)   C'mon! BTW, are you interesting in buying a bridge from Brooklyn to Mnanhatten?....I have one and will let it go cheap.
And to think all this hoopla when all The People wanted was a simple HC public option.....but HC Corps had a cow because they said they couldn't 'compete' with a public option plan......go figure that one!
TM7
There is a public option in it.  the Idea of Obama care was to eliminate Private health care.
In the short term you will have to buy health care, But there is a fine provision for employers if they do not provide HC.
That fine is about 1/2 of what corperate Health care costs.  Pushinhg people to the government plan that is funded by the the fines.  As more and more companies opt for the fine ratherthan the spiking costs of the insurance you have your public option.
You say all people wanted was a simple HC option.  Polls showed that a minority of the country wanted it.  A majority wanted something that addressed the COSTS of health care and fixed it.  Instead we have Obama care that that adds costs to the the health care system.  Remember Obama saying your health care will go down by $1,500 a family?  Well he is now sayinbg it will increase in the short term by Started as $100, went to 500 and is now at 1,500 and climbing.  How was a health care law that the President said would cost less has increased.
I also find it odd that you have a problem with a company making money, but you don't have a problem with the government telling you that you have to buy something.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 04:35:44 AM »
I also find it odd that you have a problem with a company making money, but you don't have a problem with the government telling you that you have to buy something.

I have to admit, I kinda do have a problem with that...

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 08:23:34 AM »
Rhomny care costs were off set by the Federal government.
At first the HC companies werefor the law.  They say it as a way to reduce costs and increase customers.
If you consider the added costs to all HC insurance companies due to the uninsured or the ones that refuse to be insured,   making everyone get insurance will lower the costs.
What has caused a ripple is the fine clauses of the law.  If you look purly at the dollars and take the President at his word companies will dump employees off the private plans and pay the fine for the public pool plan that is 1/2 to 1/3 the costs of providing HC. 
The President has said multiple times that this is nessary to end private health care insurance and to move us to a single payer system with in 10 years.
By reading you posting I took away a feeling that you were against profits but ok with the government telling you, that you have to buy something.
Now where Obama Care and Rhomney care differ is Rhomney care was providing a catastrophic coverage in case you get very sick, or hit by a bus the insurance would then take over and you would not be a burden to the health care system who treat you.  Obama care is the opposite and wants your everyday coverage to be covered by health care.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 08:53:30 AM »
Seems Justice Kagan should recluse herself from this case, since she was once solitictor general arguing for Obamacare;Just because she did her job dosen't mean she won't do her job now . People who disagree with her voting so far try to use that to stop her vote , bet it won't happen . which is also known as the Gurannteed Profits for Healthcare Corps Act.....
..TM7
How does a law that is going to put all private helth care companies out of business Bet they get paid to adm the govt healthcare and MAKE MO MONEY ! ;) and drive everything to the government gurantee any profits?
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 12:28:21 PM »

You have a problem with the Company making a profit or the government mandating you buy things?

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 12:31:10 PM »
Seems Justice Kagan should recluse herself from this case, since she was once solitictor general arguing for Obamacare;Just because she did her job dosen't mean she won't do her job now . People who disagree with her voting so far try to use that to stop her vote , bet it won't happen . which is also known as the Gurannteed Profits for Healthcare Corps Act.....
..TM7
How does a law that is going to put all private helth care companies out of business Bet they get paid to adm the govt healthcare and MAKE MO MONEY ! ;) and drive everything to the government gurantee any profits?
I bet they don't!  This admisistration will create a new department to further bloat the government to write rules and regulatuions on what gets paid and what does not and at what age they government will stop paying for this or that. 

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 02:38:36 PM »
You have a problem with the Company making a profit or the government mandating you buy things?

the gov't mandating part. I'm all in favor of making a profit, so long as the marketplace isn't rigged & there are choices.

Offline jcn59

• Trade Count: (37)
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 07:39:17 PM »
Obamacare has nothing to do with healthcare and deep inside, we all know it.  The "deal" is to funnel 14 trillion dollars a year through DC so they can raid it like they do with social security and income tax dollars.  If any one of you really thinks this is about healthcare, I can give you one heck of a price on a bridge.
Vote them all out, EVERY election!

Does anyone remember the scene from "Quigley Down Under" showing the aborigines lined up on the skyline as far as you could see?   That needs to be US!
NRA Life Member