Author Topic: Videos from Hernando shoot  (Read 581 times)

Offline carmy53

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Videos from Hernando shoot
« on: March 27, 2012, 10:41:42 AM »
Here are some videos from the recent Hernando shoot. I wish there was some way to get the sound to match what you hear when you are there.

Not a valid youtube URLNot a valid youtube URLNot a valid youtube URLNot a valid youtube URLNot a valid youtube URLNot a valid youtube URLNot a valid youtube URL

Offline BoomLover

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Videos from Hernando shoot
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 04:09:40 PM »
 :) ...nice videos! Thanks!
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 06:03:31 PM »
To much Fun!!!!

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 08:46:19 PM »
Sound seemed pretty well sync'd with action for me but I have a fiber optic connection.  Probably should download first if on a slow connection.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline carmy53

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 10:50:30 PM »
Sound seemed pretty well sync'd with action for me but I have a fiber optic connection.  Probably should download first if on a slow connection.
Actually, what I meant was that the cannons are always louder in person than they are in a video.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 01:35:16 AM »
You did a good job recording the shoot, carmy53. I noticed what appears to be a Dominick made mortar (6th video down) that was laid at a lot lower angle than 45°.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline carmy53

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 10:07:22 AM »
You did a good job recording the shoot, carmy53. I noticed what appears to be a Dominick made mortar (6th video down) that was laid at a lot lower angle than 45°.
Yeah, that was my mortar I got from Dom. I had it angled down so I could try and hit the target barrels. No luck hitting the barrels and I never found any of the Fox steel balls I was shooting.

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 06:04:21 PM »
Yeah, that was my mortar I got from Dom. I had it angled down so I could try and hit the target barrels. No luck hitting the barrels and I never found any of the Fox steel balls I was shooting.

Raise the barrel to 45 degrees and build a load table.