Author Topic: loads for turkey  (Read 494 times)

Offline papadave

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Contributor
loads for turkey
« on: March 24, 2012, 11:41:57 AM »
I have a NEF 20 gauge survivor with a mod choke barrel. What shells work good with the mod choke for turkeys?

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
Re: loads for turkey
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 12:22:26 PM »
mod choke......mite try tha remington 3" nitro-turkey in #5 or #6.  one might do gud with it, but tha next might-not.... all depends on what your barrel likes ;)
sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 06:10:29 PM »
I had the best patterns with 3" Remington Wingmaster #4 HD loads out of my 20 gauge Pardner with Mod choke. They're expensive but work great.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline papadave

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 12:34:08 PM »
Went and tested some Remington and Winchester 3" turkey shells in my survivor today. Did not pattern as well as I hoped but it was fun to shoot. May just send it out and have choke tubes put in it. They had some Federals with Flight Control wads at GM the counter guy said would work.

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (26)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 03:53:03 PM »
. They had some Federals with Flight Control wads at GM the counter guy said would work.
 Don't put to much stock in what the counter guy says, they for the most part don't have a clue.  ;)