Author Topic: Kabar Check in!  (Read 348 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Kabar Check in!
« on: April 06, 2012, 09:39:31 AM »
I know that London Bridge is on the other side of the Airbase for the plane crash...But check in anyway!!!.

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Kabar Check in!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 11:43:17 AM »
FA-18  aparently had engine trouble on a training flight, pilots ejected  and the aircraft crashed into a two story apartment building which was set ablaze by the impact..... 6 people hospitalized including pilot and crewman...... hopefully nobody was in the apartments that were hit......... the pilots stayed with the plane to avoid hitting a school...... full story to date here:
http://www.myfoxal.com/story/17351737/fa-18-hornet-crashes-near-virginia-beach
http://www.myfoxal.com/slideshow?widgetid=49687

I wasn't supposed to be at work today being a holiday but went in to make up for Monday..... my back went out on me and I had stayed home........ So I came into make up the time....... I am hopeful that nobody was killed in this crash but until they clear the debris who knows........ I do worry about the long term effects this may have..... back during the Bush years Brach commission had wanted to close this air station citing encroachment of housing in the landing areas and the fact that building an auxiliary landing base had been blocked in North Carolina..... it was only through the efforts of the city and a land buyback of housing that the air station was saved..... this is part of our economy here and it's lose would really hurt......

Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium