Author Topic: I met a stupid man, on ebay. 'tactiledave' Charles Wilson  (Read 9596 times)

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
Re: I met a stupid man, on ebay. 'tactiledave' Charles Wilson
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2012, 01:16:39 PM »
since when cant you leqave neg feedback for a buyer? 
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline greentruck

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2012, 01:29:45 PM »
Ebay changed this probably 2 or 3 years ago anyway.

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2012, 12:19:41 PM »
hmmm ok thank you.
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline trichos

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2012, 06:39:08 PM »
Hello ebay sellers, you can block the knucklehead from bidding/buying:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin&hc=1&hm=v%7F.rp*g252%6066

Ebay can be a fleabay, but I try to make it what I want it to be.  Now, regarding those with a marginal intellectual capacity, I just thank God it doesn't run in our family!

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2012, 04:44:42 AM »
Oldsolja,

Sorry to hear you got shafted by the buyer and by E-bay.  May I offer a little free advise (Keeping in mind you get what you pay for.") ?

If you're looking for judgment in your favor it is generally counter productive to insult the folks making the judgment calls.  If you could have pointed out the errors in their logic and inconsistencies in their own rules without pointing out the fact that they are idiots you may have fared better.   

Please don't think I'm trying to be holier than though,  I'm merely passing along a life lesson I had to learn the hard way.   

Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline LHS

• Jesus Reigns!
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Contributor
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2012, 07:05:14 AM »
DO NOT BUY OR SELL ANYTHING ON EBAY
yes i yelled  :o
thats the best advise i can give to my fellow GBO brothers ;D

I disagree 100%! I buy and sell a lot on eBay, with very little issues (maybe a 5 day wait for a buyer to pay). Do your research first before bidding, and use the "BLock bidders" feature when selling. Also, you can cancel a bid on an item you have for sale, and then block that bidder.

My biggest complaint is eBay sides with the buyer in every case, and the seller has nothing he can say or do about it. As a seller you just have to be careful.

Giving Thanks To God Both in Plenty and in Want!

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2012, 08:39:56 AM »
I basically only use the GBO sites and keep it in the fam; I got burned only once by a scammer (he long gone now) but a bit later one of the good guys here had a similar item to what Id paid the other dude for just sitting around and sent it to me! (thanx bro') Aint no way I want to test that E-bay hot horseshoe to see if its still hot.......
Ol' 'tactiledave dont realize (or care) that each time he's drivin a nail in his own...ummm......powderkeg. You rip somebody off somewhere and somebody else is gonna rip you off. One way or another your deeds catch up with you. At least thats what Ive seen in 59 years.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline jlwilliams

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2012, 08:56:50 AM »
I'm not surprised that ebay sided with the buyer.  They always side with the buyer as a matter of reflex.  It has to be pretty bad for them to take the seller's side in any dispute.

I still use them.  I don't like many of their practices, but they are an available market place.  Their rules, their place.  For gun stuff I prefer gunbroker.  Their fee structure is better too.  For some other items, ebay is the best place, so I still go there.

Offline rickyp

• Trade Count: (19)
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2012, 09:30:37 AM »
Not saying this is the case
I have dealt with some dishonest sellers on ebay and had to fight hard to get anything back
one case for exapmle I bought what was listed as a 6 foot long laptop security cable but the one I got was just 3 foot. The cable worked ok for me but not what I bought. I asked the seller if he would be willing to refund just part of my money as  what I bought was not what I got and wanted, The seller refused to even talk to me about it so I filed a complant with ebay. Ebay wanted me to jump trough hoops The wanted me to take the cable to a specelist and have them send a letter discribing what was wrong. I told them that there is no place that will send a leter like that and that I can tell the diffrance between 6 foot and 3 foot after a long fight I got back a few dollers from the seller. I try hard to stay away from Ebight unless it is for something small and hard to find.

Offline Ahlosojoe

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2012, 02:05:35 PM »
Ebay is getting more liberal with their firearm listings. It is now OK to use a real firearm in your pics as long as it is made plain that the gun is not for sale. They are also considering the listing of reloading components again.

quote: 

• You may now show your accessories on a firearm in your photo, as long as it is not an assault weapon and there is no indication in the listing that the firearm is included in the sale.
  •  
    Sounds like these citizens of the Peoples Republic of CA. are getting hungary!

Offline jcn59

• Trade Count: (37)
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2012, 05:16:00 PM »
 I think we should "roast" these creepy ebay sellers who "can't understand normal thinking"!
Vote them all out, EVERY election!

Does anyone remember the scene from "Quigley Down Under" showing the aborigines lined up on the skyline as far as you could see?   That needs to be US!
NRA Life Member

Offline Gaucho Gringo

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2012, 01:07:00 PM »
Why are you selling gun related items on an anti gun site? The fee structure and rules are insane, designed only produce more money for Ebay. Six tears ago I was a Power Seller on Ebay selling mainly stereo equipment, computer parts and auto parts. Had a couple of friends  bringing items to me from garage sales, personal items bought over the years and auctions and I did all the work to sell them for a 25% fee. Also had some of my own items. I knew these guys well and nothing was stolen. I had to quit when my health deteriorated. One of the guys started doing it himself and he tells me that when it is all said and done the Ebay fees today are twice to three times to what I was paying six years ago. In the past 6 years I have bought and sold a few guns and firearm related items on several gun auction sites and have been happy with their much lower fee structure. I say support the gun friendly auction sites and the h*** with Ebay.

Offline jcn59

• Trade Count: (37)
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2012, 03:26:42 PM »
I stopped using Ebay when they started being anti gun, anti America!
Vote them all out, EVERY election!

Does anyone remember the scene from "Quigley Down Under" showing the aborigines lined up on the skyline as far as you could see?   That needs to be US!
NRA Life Member

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
Re: Re: I met a stupid man, on ebay. 'tactiledave' Charles Wilson
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2012, 04:01:50 PM »
I stopped using Ebay when they started being anti gun, anti America!

Gun parts are back but I stopped selling on eBay when they started gouging me on selling fees.

Now I just buy and ignore their sham of a feedback systtem

Offline bagdadjoe

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Contributor
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2012, 03:38:33 AM »
You can't deal with ebay.  I had an auction for some real estate and it was not in the category I wanted it in and you can't change it online (for real estate).  I called them within the first 24 hours and was told to end the auction, relist and my fees would be credited. Great!!  Only it never happened.  I did what I was told and they have as yet to credit my fees, $154, even though I've called several times (at 45 minutes a whack) and mailed them a copy of an email their rep sent me saying my account would be credited.  The listing was....last November.  The have become too big and indifferent to their customers.  What they need is a class action suit to open them back up.  You can't even get an email response from them (I had to ask for the one I got) so that there is a "paper trail" so to speak, of what transpires...hard to refer  back to a phone call.  I have a seven word hyphenated description for them but of course it's x-rated.
"By all means, make friends with the dog...but do not set aside the stick".

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2012, 03:50:08 AM »
Why are you selling gun related items on an anti gun site?

You make about 10 times more money.  I recently bought an Encore from a local shop in a caliber I didn't like.  I sold the barrel and the scope on ebay for more than they cost new.  I don't see tham as an anti-gun site myself.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline hornady

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2012, 12:32:10 AM »
The comment of just stay off e-bay is your best bet. I had a problem with an RCBS press the seller pulled with less than 12 hours to the end of the auction. He did not think it was getting what he wanted. E-bay makes up the rules as they go a long. I closed my account with them. E-bay buffers the nut cases. You sell or buy on the  gun forums, and you are dealing with people one on one, less chance of the shady dealings.

Offline oneoldsap

• Avid Poster
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2012, 08:00:32 AM »
                   Why would gun gus be fattening up Ebay ? Utilize the sites that like us , GunBroker , GunAuction/AuctionArms , Guns America , Arms List and many others I'm sure .

Ebay Sucks

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2012, 08:33:50 AM »
Those site are all wonderful but you don't make good money there.  Great for the buyer, bad for the seller.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Scibaer

• Central Michigan, USA, Earth
  • Trade Count: (25)
  • FATE FAVORS THE WISE
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2012, 08:40:18 AM »
well hopefully most of us have not lowered ourselves to level of only worrying about the last dollar
 there is right and wrong involved here , and Ebay  are masters at doing what they think puts the most money in thier coffers,
not what is right. they change up the rules as they see fit.  not having any dealing with them is your best bet for ethical selling of merchandise and not looking to scam fellow shooting sport enthusiast

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2012, 11:40:07 AM »
Selling something to the the highest bidder isn't scamming.  Nobody is forcing them to buy anything.

Offline Scibaer

• Central Michigan, USA, Earth
  • Trade Count: (25)
  • FATE FAVORS THE WISE
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2012, 11:54:16 AM »
no , ofcourse its not. what is a scam is ebay's ever changing rules that they bend and twist to fit thier needs.
they are anti gun , except when it seems to suit them. and that is more then enough for me to stay clear of them
and i suggest that people buy things at a fair price on the open market.
that keeps people honest and on a level playing field, and keeps the vultures on ebay off good peoples shadow