Author Topic: 629 Classic Holster?  (Read 410 times)

Offline Ranger413

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
629 Classic Holster?
« on: February 05, 2004, 12:59:32 PM »
O.K., I've shot it now I need to carry it.  

I'm looking for something more in the line of "woods" carry but wouldn't mind something that would pull double duty for Concealed Carry if I felt like it.  I'd like to stick to leather and am not a huge fan of IWB.  Kinda leaning toward one of the belt slide types.  

Any thoughts?  Oh, yeah, this is a classic so it needs to be fitted for the full lug 5" barrel.

Thanks,

Ranger413
Life is like a dogsled team, if you ain't the lead dog the scenery never changes.

Offline Thomas Krupinski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
629 Classic Holster?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 09:24:18 AM »
For my 4 and 6 inch 629's I use both Bianchi leather cyclone 111 and the Galco Dual Position Phoenix.  

I think that the Galco Dual Positon Phoenix would do well for you.  not sure if there is a model specifically for your 5" lug Clasic, but I am sure one of the 6" models will work fine.  You can use it both strong side or crossdraw, my preference is the crossdraw and convient to carry.

Offline ra

• Trade Count: (2)
629 Classic Holster?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2004, 08:47:14 AM »
I searched for a 3" L-frame Smith holster for over a year until I stumbled onto Brigade GunLeaather's site. I ordered a belt holster and I was very pleased with the holster and the service. I received an e-mail after the order giving a 5 to 8 week delivery time and thanking me for my order. The holster was delivered 5 weeks later along with a coupon for a 10% discount on my next order.

[/url]http://www.brigadegunleather.com