Author Topic: Obama says pics of soldiers posing with enemy dead is reprehensible.  (Read 1281 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=Att43L0vzpLiRivxS6VtOaGbvZx4;_ylc=X3oDMWI0cjJrODg3BF9TAzIwMjM1MzgwNzUEYQMxMjA0MTggbmV3cyBibG9nIHdoaXRlIGhvdXNlIHRyb29wIHBob3RvcyB0BGNjb2RlA3B6YnVmY2FoNQRjcG9zAzExBGVkAzEEZwNpZC0yMjI2NjM4BGludGwDdXMEaXRjAzAEbHR4dANPYmFtYTpQaG90b3MmIzM5O3JlcHJlaGVuc2libGUmIzM5OwRtY29kZQNwemJ1YWxsY2FoNQRtcG9zAzEEcGtndAMxBHBrZ3YDMTAEcG9zAzAEc2VjA3RkLWZlYQRzbGsDdGh1bWJsaW5rBHRhcgNodHRwOi8vbmV3cy55YWhvby5jb20vYmxvZ3MvdGlja2V0L29iYW1hLXNvbGRpZXJzLXBvc2VkLXRhbGliYW4tY29ycHNlcy1yZXByZWhlbnNpYmxlLWNvbmR1Y3QtbWVyaXRzLTE3NDkwNTY5OS5odG1sBHRlc3QDNzAx/SIG=147830f7n/EXP=1334892867/**http%3A//news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-soldiers-posed-taliban-corpses-reprehensible-conduct-merits-174905699.html

Obama on soldiers who posed with Afghan corpses: ‘Reprehensible’ conduct merits probe  By Olivier Knox | The Ticket – 9 hrs ago     

• (AFP Photo/Mandel Ngan)
  President Barack Obama wants a full investigation into the "reprehensible" conduct depicted in photographs apparently showing U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan posing with the mangled body parts of suicide bombers, his spokesman said Wednesday.
Obama believes that behavior "does not in any way" follow the standards the U.S. military sets for its personnel and wants a full investigation, spokesman Jay Carney told reporters aboard Air Force One.
"The conduct depicted in those photographs is reprehensible," Carney said. "Those responsible will be held accountable."
Carney also criticized the Los Angeles Times for its decision to publish the grisly photographs, saying he was "very disappointed."
The graphic photos—taken in 2010—show soldiers, some smiling, posing with dismembered body parts of insurgent corpses. A soldier from the Army's 82nd Airborne Division provided 18 photos to the paper, which published them online.
The paper said the Pentagon has launched a criminal investigation. But, as the Los Angeles Times points out: "The photos have emerged at a particularly sensitive moment for U.S.-Afghan relations. In January, a video appeared on the Internet showing four U.S. Marines urinating on Afghan corpses. In February, the inadvertent burning of copies of the Koran at a U.S. base triggered riots that left 30 dead and led to the deaths of six Americans. In March, a U.S. Army sergeant went on a nighttime shooting rampage in two Afghan villages, killing 17."
Obama has promised that U.S. forces will withdraw to a supporting role at some point next year on their way to a complete pullout by the end of 2014. The pace and scope of that drawdown will be at the core of an upcoming NATO summit in Chicago in May.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
I say the heck with waiting until the end of 2014 to bring the soldiers home. Bring 'em home now and let the Afgani cur's kill each other.
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
everyone likes to show off their trophies ;D .
I say let the boys release their feelings.  if it was reversed, the afgans would show a video of severing the head of a LIVE prisoner.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
I feel Obama posing as America's president is reprehensible. As a matter of fact there are more than a few photographs out there with members of my extended family posing with enemy dead. Germans, Japanese, North Koreans, Vietnamese and  Iraqies. Why are a couple Hodgie suicide bombers so special?
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline guzzijohn

Quote from BUGEYE:
"everyone likes to show off their trophies  .I say let the boys release their feelings.  if it was reversed, the afgans would show a video of severing the head of a LIVE prisoner."

Sure, lets look up too and copy the actions of the Taliban.
GuzziJohn

Offline rickt300

Guzzijohn, good idea it might make a difference.

Offline BUGEYE

back in the good-old-days, bank robbers and other bad guys were put on public display after they were killed.
our heros in uniform are busy removing a terrible scourge.  they put their lives on the line for even the people here who hate them.  when they are in a firefight, the adrenaline surge is tremendous.
so if they grab a piece of a bad guy and hold it up, they are still running on that adrenaline.
give'em a break.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline briarpatch

A lot of soldiers regret posing with the dead later in life, some dont. I have my doubts if he would think the same if it were a european dead but my thoughts on this, he is right.
We cannot change the fact we are all children of God. War is the ultimate act of evil and to pose with bodys is not right. His Sons body was made a mockery I dont think he wants it to go any futher. MHO

Offline rickt300

Governments make war. On an individual level war is the ultimate survival game. When my friend was filmed going through the pockets of dead VC, the coverage of which made it to all the major networks, he though nothing of it. After all he was trying to identify the dead so the parents could know what happened to their sons. However that was not how the networks portrayed it. Whose son's body was made a mockery of? The Isamist extremist father that blessed his son as he got into an explosives filled truck and tried to blow one of our sons to bits while doing the same to himself. I say "mockery" is pretty low on the list of useful retaliation. Facts are after you are shot at any sensitivity for "mockery" is gone. The idea of mocking the dead is a form of the grim humour that keeps soldiers alive.

Offline BUGEYE

the most that should happen is for their C.O. to call them in and tell'em to knock it off.
war is a terrible thing, but is sometimes necessary. when we ask young men to into harms way, we should expect a few things like this.
I've never been in a firefight, but in 93, I heard the whine of a shotgun slug overhead while I was deer hunting, and it scared the snot out of me.
walk a mile in their combat boots and maybe you'll understand why they do some things.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
Re: Obama says pics of soldiers posing with enemy dead is reprehensible.
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 08:29:45 AM »
The stupidity and disconnect of the average person is shocking, but not surprising. This is similar to outrage by the average citified BBQ'er when confronted by a picture of a slaughterhouse worker holding up a porterhouse with a dead cow on a rail behind him. Boo Hoo. What the hell do you/ they think war is about/ for ?? It is this disconnect that causes the massive cognitive dissonance with so many. You must go and kill these people, but only on mondays and thursdays, unless they are in areas 5-8, then it is on wednesdays and fridays. Although they have not done anything to you, don't know you , etc, kill them because we say so, when we say so, where we say so, and how. BUT, you must not hate them, or kill them for YOUR reasons, even if they just blew up a car with your 2 best friends in it right next to you. What a crock of crap. Note that EVERYONE is " shocked and/or outraged", even the 'Nam vet pundits, although they did admit that combat experience did contribute to the development of a "macabre" humor. REALLY ????
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline jimster

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 05:14:48 AM »
If the president or anyone in congress does not like some of the things going on over there they can bring them home or go do the job themselves and show us all how it should be done and how to act.   We are sending young men to war many miles away, what in hell did they expect would happen sometimes. 

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 05:50:01 AM »
I say the heck with waiting until the end of 2014 to bring the soldiers home. Bring 'em home now and let the Afgani cur's kill each other.

I agree.  They have been killing each other for over a thousand years.   If they do not want any type of a national or cultural identity, that is their choice.    Pull out, and let them kill each other.  LORD knows it will save US a ton of money.

ST762   
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 08:25:51 AM »
I think it is reprehensible for a man who has never served in the military to judge the actions of the very people he himself is sending into harms way. He has no idea what they are going through.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 09:04:03 AM »
I think it is reprehensible for a man who has never served in the military to judge the actions of the very people he himself is sending into harms way. He has no idea what they are going through.
yeah, just being away from family is bad enough, but add in IEDs, grenades, and rifle bullets, plus the likelyhood of having your head sawed off if you're captured, I don't blame our boys one bit.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline lakota

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 11:24:59 AM »
How about instead of the finger wagging and lecturing maybe the president could open a dialog on what can be done to prevent soldiers in combat from losing their humanity? Doing what they do over there, I am sure it is not easy on them.

And if secret service members want to party with hookers on their own time I reckon that is their business and is between them and their spouses if they happen to be married.

The Taliban calling US Marines barbarians-now that's funny! That's like the pot calling the kettle black.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 04:38:26 PM »
As far as I am concerned, there is nothing moral about war, the idea about some "high moral ground"  is a crock of crap. I was born  after my father returned from  2 years in the south pacific in the Pacific , the last big operation he was in was Okinawa, and he was in the navy on an LST and on LCI's. He did not talk much about things, unless he was drunk or having one of his spells with malaria and fever. What he taught me a bout war and fighting was this: you do NOT fight unless it is absolutely necessary, not for pride or power or fun, you fight for survival. If you MUST fight, you hit them first, hit them hard, hit them continuously, hit them until there is nothing left that can threaten you further, and then get the hell away from them.
    While listening to him talk to his brothers who were over there also, I overheard him talking of seeing camps on Islands where there were flowerbeds surrounded by human skulls instead of stones, of lampshades of leather made from human skin, and how they emptied truck loads of diesel fuel into caves on Okinawa, full of Japanese soldiers and civilians alike, with women and children, then hitting them with flame throwers and then shoved them shut with dozers, of picking up survivors on the front of the ship for pictures and then throwing them off the back of the ship. There was no therapy, no support, no PTSD diagnosis, there was just thank GOD we won, it is over, go home. He still had nightmares in the early '60s occasionally. This treating war like some video game is some sick crap. The only people who can just turn it on and off on command are sociopaths. 
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 05:10:10 PM »
Obama posses all the time, and he's killing America. ;D He also posses as a President. ;D

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 05:14:55 PM »
The media needs to stop bashing our troops, your not there, you don't know. Their just showing that their doing their job. :) And their proud of the results.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 07:24:23 AM »

Sheeezzz, this isn't a spectator sport or a praire dog shoot these perpetual wars....nor should it be about becoming what you hate. Not only that i don't recall Taliban posing with or defiling dead American bodies.....If you're thinking of Berg (a very controversial film) or burning of mercs on bridge (families question) that was in Iracq and that was our mass media that played that stuff over and over.
..TM7
TM
You do have a habit of intentionally forgetting things done to American soldiers.  Wasn't it proven to you in a previous thread, that they did.  BTW just so you know an American is still an American whether or not he is in uniform. I know you don't believe that Berg (because of his faith) or the contractors (because you decide to label them as mercs) killed and burned on the bridge were Americans, but most of us do.
You're confused...Berg was not a troop..he was considered a spy....the tape of his beheading has been very circumspect as to its authenticity. The Mercs were not troops either...their relatives have filed suit essentially claiming that the whole bridge event was a setup prior to the Falujahh attack..to ensure maximum brutality, etc. FYI, both events happened in IRACQ--not Talibani Afghanistan.
Before you continue to try to employ me as your 'soap box', go to your computor and bring up the interview of Col David Hunt on Big O last night...who is saying pretty much what I said....They are loosing controll of the troops and morality does count...Then get back to us with your pontifications.
BTW,,,what would a Fascist care about Truth OR moral high ground......??
TM7
Ah! TM, TM,
Reverting back to name calling.  ;D ;D

Regarding your statement: "Not only that i don't recall Taliban posing with or defiling dead American bodies".   You're the one that stated: Americans bodies, not me.  Now your trying to limit the comment to American troops?  :o Why am I not surprised.

I do beg to differ with your statement as to the one that is confused, you're the one that is confused as usual, or again deciding to refuse to address the statement, and go off on a tangent.  Just so you don't miss it again, I said: "an American is still an American whether or not he is in uniform. I know you don't believe that Berg (because of his faith) or the contractors (because you decide to label them as mercs) killed and burned on the bridge were Americans, but most of us do."

Why don't you just admit that your an American hater, or an America hater.  Just join your boy Barry, and go bow to a sheik some where.  Then you won't have to worry about my "pontifications", and you could be the "I"- man, where people would hang on every line of bull spit that you toss out.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline powderman

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 08:32:57 AM »
The Taliban calling US Marines barbarians-now that's funny! That's like the pot calling the kettle black.

Boy aint that the truth. Being seen as a victor over ones enemies goes way back, nothing new. I've seen a lot of pics from ww11 that my Dad brought home from the war that are very chilling but eye opening. The propagandists were trying to tell folks that the japs or krauts were winning, OH YEAH?? Well heres some pics of the dreaded japs and of the master race, how do they look now?? Those pics showed the folks back home that our enemies are flesh and blood just like we are and YES, they can be and ARE being defeated.
If these pics the world is whining about give our  the enemy a chance to reflect on things and say, I don't want to end up like that, take more pics. Fight us, and this will be you. Theres no controversy with AMERICANS over the burned bodies hanging from that bridge or of Nick Bergs head being sawed off while he writhed on the ground, it happened. The only ones making excuses are the mohamedans and their sympathizers. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 03:51:28 AM »
Enough of the name calling, mud slinging personal crap folks!
Deleted several post's because of this and will continue to do so, until you get the picture ::)

How seemingly intelligent people, who appear to have the  ability to go head to head with a college professor, can't follow simple rules, designed so a third grader could understand is puzzling!

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.