Author Topic: Romneys possible top 5 picks for VP.  (Read 1252 times)

Offline SCRooster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Geronimo!
Re: Romneys possible top 5 picks for VP.
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2012, 02:14:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum SCRooster! You might want to break those Initials down, as some on the forum haven't been in the Military and some of us that have still don't have a clue. I looked up FSO and there are quite a number of meanings. One being a Polish car manufacturer :) I assume since we are talking military, yours would stand for Foreign Service Officer?Never did find the FDC ;) By the way! What exactly is a FSO?What is their job description? I'm sure West is a good man and Officer. Not sure he would make a good VP or P.No doubt he would be better than Romney, but that's not a fair comparison.

Thank you for the welcome.

"FSO" is an acronym for Fire Safety Officer ... it's a big deal in Europe and it was a big deal for Allen back in the day as a young black officer in a high speed, low drag, Airborne Battalion Combat Team (ABCT).  "FDC" is an acronym for Fire Direction Chief.  I was the guy that controlled the data to the guns.  The firemission would be called in from the "FO" or Foreward Observer" who could see the target from his vantage point. He would call it in to my RTO, my RTO would in turn pass it on to my chief plotter and his #2, they would plot the mission under my supervision, Allen would oversee me basically, via my Plt Ldr, then we would receive permission from Allen to fire the mission at which time I would give the fire command to my gunners.   You had to have a lot of checks and balances over there because we were on foreign land firing around a lot of small villages and communities. The entire fire mission may take one minute ... it was happening fast so you had to have people that were aware of what was going on around them in a hurry or else you drop a live round into someone's backyard or the playgrounds at a local school.
What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.