Author Topic: lee pro 1000  (Read 345 times)

Offline freekforge

• Trade Count: (0)
lee pro 1000
« on: July 11, 2012, 03:46:01 PM »
is the lee pro 1000 a good press for the money i have a anniversary single stage kit but want to have a progressive for the .45acp

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: lee pro 1000
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 11:13:22 PM »
save your money another year and get a dillon. Either that or buy a big bottle of blood pressure medicine before you get that lee, youll need it  :-\
blue lives matter

Offline JustaShooter

• Trade Count: (23)
Re: lee pro 1000
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 02:27:59 PM »
You'll get a lot of opinions, some from folks that don't like Lee, some from folks who do.  I'll tell you up front I like most Lee products I've bought including the Lee Pro 1000 I have. 

I got mine used for $50, already set up for .45ACP (yeah, I know, it was a steal).  Took a bit of fiddling with to figure out and set up at first, but after that it just worked.  During that process I messed up a couple of parts, called Lee up & they shipped replacements at no charge, even after I made it clear I was at fault and willing to pay for them.

In my experience, it is no harder to set it up and use it than any other progressive press I've seen (Dillon, RCBS and Hornady).  I have heard those in this forum who say if you just load a few per year, you can get by with one but if you reload a lot you'll want another brand.  I don't know, I've loaded better than 100k rounds in it so far and can't complain at all.  I really like that I can set up a completely new caliber for under $50 (plus dies) and switch to a new caliber in 5 minutes.

If you know anyone who has one, might see about trying it out before you buy one - and I'd say the same about any progressive press.  (Oh, and if you are in NE Ohio, PM me and I'd be happy to let you check mine out.)
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.